D&D General Which modules/sources have info on Tharizdun?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Hi all, I'm thinking of continuing the Ghosts of Saltmarsh storyline by having the dark god Tharizdun as the main antagonist.

My question is, in which published modules (regardless of edition) is Tharizdun (or his possible alias the Elder Elemental Eye) the main villain? Other sources detailing his prison and history would also be appreciated as I research this interesting deity.

NotAYakk

Legend
I know of 2 D&D podcasts that make the chained oblivion the a core campaign enemy. Both in homebrew worlds -- "the natural one podcast" and "critical role". But that is lots of hours of reseach.

The avatar of Tharizdun in Natural One (eddie) is just delicious. And he shows up pretty early -- Natural 1 Podcast

Quartz

Hero
I'm sure this is true, however there are what, a couple hundred adventures from that magazine? If you have the number or name of one that would be super helpful.

Ah, sorry. One I remember is about the rescue of a merchant's daughter who is about to give birth. There's a cameo in the Shadows of Istivin mini-campaign.

....burn them.

Sorry. But the first one (Sage of Old City) is passable. The second (Artifact of Evil) is, um, well, it's definitely a book set in Greyhawk.

The rest manage to meld the worst aspects of Gygax's impenetrable verbosity, poor plotting, and "DM NPC wish-fulfillment."

As always, YMMV.
I rather liked Sea of Death, as it detailed an area I was always interested in; the Forgotten City/Suel capitol city in the Sea of Dust. But yeah, the series in general is rather hard to read. Still, if you want an idea of what EGG had in mind about Tharizdun, these will do it...

Remove ads