D&D 5E Which MTG Setting would you want as an official D&D Setting?

What MTG Plane would you like to have an official D&D Setting Book?

• Amonkhet

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Dominaria

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Eldraine

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Ikoria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Innistrad

• Ixalan

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Kaladesh

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kaldheim

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Strixhaven

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Tarkir

• Zendikar

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Some other MTG Plane

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • No more MTG settings!

Votes: 22 23.9%

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Dominaria has had such a storied history, I'd actually quite like to see setting books. Kind of like how in 3e, the dragonlance books came out for different eras or play.

Antiquities for the brothers war, and seeking out ancient thran artefacts.

Fallen empires and ice age for that dying earth/post apocalyptic feel.

Modern day Dominaria, restored to a more recognisable fantasy setting. I have the planeshift document and after buying the art book realised that the planeshift article was only just touching upon the current era of Dominaria.

Religion/politics
Some settings are possible, but I doubt seriously adapted into D&D before other published before. And I don't remember a M:tG adapted into a printed edition when planesift was published first.

I think Innistrad is the most possible option, because Ravenloft is published this year, and Innistrad returns with a set of vampires and werewolves. If it is not now, when? And Innistrad in the DM Guild would allow a lot of space for gothic horror if Ravenloft is a too small sandbox.

Eldraine needs gnomes and halflings.

I don't like any things from Ixalan. Why the bad guys wear Morion(helmet)? Of course, we know the History by the people who won the propaganda war. The bad guys with morion arrived to the new world and then with the help of the subjugated people the martial teocrazy is overthrown ending the human sacrifices, but the guys with the Jolly Roger flag were nice, freemen who obeyed no authority (but the corsairs, lincenced by the queen) and friendly attacked the coast villages to catch slaves. By the way, did you know the famous Apache leader Geronimo was baptized Catholic and he could speak Spanish? How you do explain the natives from the West were oppressed for the Spanish viceroyalty and the freedom arrived with general Caster and company?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't like any things from Ixalan. Why the bad guys wear Morion(helmet)? Of course, we know the History by the people who won the propaganda war. The bad guys with morion arrived to the new world and then with the help of the subjugated people the martial teocrazy is overthrown ending the human sacrifices, but the guys with the Jolly Roger flag were nice, freemen who obeyed no authority (but the corsairs, lincenced by the queen) and friendly attacked the coast villages to catch slaves. By the way, did you know the famous Apache leader Geronimo was baptized Catholic and he could speak Spanish? How you do explain the natives from the West were oppressed for the Spanish viceroyalty and the freedom arrived with general Caster and company?
This is now your 4th warning for randomly real world inserting religion or politics into D&D threads. Don't post again in this thread. In the meantime, we mods will be having a discussion about you, since the warnings appear to have no effect.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
I say we do a time crash tarkir have both timelines smashed together by something so we can go forwards with the cool bits of both time lines.
Tarkir's an interesting one as I do recall one of the Tarkir blocks was far more liked than the other, which'll be interesting to how that goes down in any future release

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Tarkir's an interesting one as I do recall one of the Tarkir blocks was far more liked than the other, which'll be interesting to how that goes down in any future release
People preferred the original version, rather than the time travel generated alternate history. Mark Rosewater has hinted that they could rollback the changes the same way they caused them, with timey-whimey shenanigans.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
People preferred the original version, rather than the time travel generated alternate history. Mark Rosewater has hinted that they could rollback the changes the same way they caused them, with timey-whimey shenanigans.

For a D&D conversion they could perhaps do both timelines and then give GMs the option of running their Game during Khans or Dragons or the GMs own mix-up version.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
For a D&D conversion they could perhaps do both timelines and then give GMs the option of running their Game during Khans or Dragons or the GMs own mix-up version.
Maybe: based on what they've done so far, the most likely Tarkir scenario would seem to be a new status quo, with the D&D book focused on that.

A Tarkir Set next year seems pretty likely, it's either that or Tarkir is going into the deep sleep chamber ..

Remove ads