D&D 5E Which MTG Setting would you want as an official D&D Setting?

What MTG Plane would you like to have an official D&D Setting Book?

• Amonkhet

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Dominaria

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Eldraine

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Ikoria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Innistrad

• Ixalan

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Kaladesh

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kaldheim

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Strixhaven

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Tarkir

• Zendikar

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Some other MTG Plane

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • No more MTG settings!

Votes: 22 23.9%

I voted Kaldheim as I believe most of the settings aren't extensive enough or have other issues.

Strixhaven is confirmed as getting a setting book, so it doesn't count.

Zendikar is fun to play, or aside from Eldrazi and the former Kor empire, it's not that interesting.

Dominaria got depth and lore, but I like Kaldheim better.

I almost choose Amonkhet, but it's a huge mess right now and it's civilization is one small city, that it. Great races though. Needs a revisit.

Tarkir is a possiblity, but it's caught between two timelines.

Eldraine is my second choice, but I find Kaldheim more interesting.

Kaldheim more then any other Plane, besides Arcavios feels like it was designed with an eye towards some day being a D&D setting, something pre 2021 settings weren't designed for.

Zendikar has alot of space, but feels like there is almost nothing but wilderness is in it. Good for Dungeon Delve at best.

Dominaria could get the nod, but given that it is a poorly kept secret that Dominaria : United and Kamigawa: Neo Dynasty are coming next year, and WotC's setting slots are pretty full right now I doubt it will be either of them.

So next trip to Kaldheim and Eldraine I believe will be it, maybe Alara as well.

Ikoria is pretty much just a giant monster manual with a couple of cities.

Kaldheim admittedly could use 2 sets next time to expand and explore it's themes, but it's big, lots of different cultures, races, cities, ruins, realms, tribes, and so on.

I could see playable Haggi Trolls, playable Zombie Nobles, playable Yeti, maybe so others like playable Valkayrie.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I voted Kaldheim as I believe most of the settings aren't extensive enough or have other issues.

Strixhaven is confirmed as getting a setting book, so it doesn't count.

Zendikar is fun to play, or aside from Eldrazi and the former Kor empire, it's not that interesting.

Dominaria got depth and lore, but I like Kaldheim better.

I almost choose Amonkhet, but it's a huge mess right now and it's civilization is one small city, that it. Great races though. Needs a revisit.

Tarkir is a possiblity, but it's caught between two timelines.

Eldraine is my second choice, but I find Kaldheim more interesting.

Kaldheim more then any other Plane, besides Arcavios feels like it was designed with an eye towards some day being a D&D setting, something pre 2021 settings weren't designed for.

Zendikar has alot of space, but feels like there is almost nothing but wilderness is in it. Good for Dungeon Delve at best.

Dominaria could get the nod, but given that it is a poorly kept secret that Dominaria : United and Kamigawa: Neo Dynasty are coming next year, and WotC's setting slots are pretty full right now I doubt it will be either of them.

So next trip to Kaldheim and Eldraine I believe will be it, maybe Alara as well.

Ikoria is pretty much just a giant monster manual with a couple of cities.

Kaldheim admittedly could use 2 sets next time to expand and explore it's themes, but it's big, lots of different cultures, races, cities, ruins, realms, tribes, and so on.

I could see playable Haggi Trolls, playable Zombie Nobles, playable Yeti, maybe so others like playable Valkayrie.
Kaldheim has pretty huge potential for D&D: solid flavor, large world, plenty of potential tial new options

Eldraine also has a lot of potential to offer a different feel from other Settings, mixing Arthurian Romance with Disney-fied folktales.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Kaldheim has pretty huge potential for D&D: solid flavor, large world, plenty of potential tial new options

Eldraine also has a lot of potential to offer a different feel from other Settings, mixing Arthurian Romance with Disney-fied folktales.
Yeah it seems that D&D has been missing a classic ‘early medieval’ setting for a long time and Eldraine would work to fill that gap plus bringing the sweet fairytale elements.

Remove ads