D&D 5E Which MTG Setting would you want as an official D&D Setting?

What MTG Plane would you like to have an official D&D Setting Book?

• Amonkhet

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Dominaria

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Eldraine

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Ikoria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Innistrad

• Ixalan

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Kaladesh

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kaldheim

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Strixhaven

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Tarkir

• Zendikar

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Some other MTG Plane

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • No more MTG settings!

Votes: 22 23.9%

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
it's nothing like Harry Potter besides sharing a sungenre of fantasy.

To be fair, I actually don't know of many popular books/shows that have a school meant for magic with clearly defined Colleges, beyond Harry Potter with its Houses. Especially where they essentially match personality types to your College/House.

I don't think Harry Potter is the only inspiration for Strixhaven, but its clearly a pretty big one. Mage Tower for example is pretty clearly inspired by Quidditch.

1629499479343.png

LadyElect

Explorer
Lorwyn-Shadowmoor has long been my favorite block so I would love to see a setting for it. And it seems like one of the easiest matches as well given its tribal focus. Shame that WotC doesn’t seem to care to revisit it outside of the rogue MtGO flashback draft.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I still question why they made a mage school setting a dnd setting.
You obviously havent been watching young adult TV shows lately, dont absolutely all of them feature High Schools for Supernatural creatures of various kinds?

Strixhaven reminds me more of Winx than it does Harry Potter, but you’ve also got the school in Vampire Diaries and another in Legacies, the school in Descendents, DCs Superhero school etc etc

Last edited:

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
You obviously havent been watching young adult TV shows lately, dont absolutely all of them feature High Schools for Supernatural creatures of various kinds?

Strixhaven reminds me more of Winx than it does Harry Potter, but you’ve also got the school in Vampire Diaries and another in Legacies, the school in Descendents, DCs Superhero school etc etc
yeah and I hate them as a kid, and it was not that far ago I would count as kid.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases