D&D 5E Which MTG Setting would you want as an official D&D Setting?

What MTG Plane would you like to have an official D&D Setting Book?

• Amonkhet

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Dominaria

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Eldraine

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Ikoria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Innistrad

• Ixalan

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Kaladesh

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kaldheim

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Strixhaven

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Tarkir

• Zendikar

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Some other MTG Plane

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • No more MTG settings!

Votes: 22 23.9%

To be fair, I actually don't know of many popular books/shows that have a school meant for magic with clearly defined Colleges, beyond Harry Potter with its Houses. Especially where they essentially match personality types to your College/House.

I don't think Harry Potter is the only inspiration for Strixhaven, but its clearly a pretty big one. Mage Tower for example is pretty clearly inspired by Quidditch.

View attachment 142476

Mage Tower is inspired by college football and capture the flag, but with none lethal spells, it's nothing like quadditch.

and the Colleges of Strixhaven are very different from Hogwart Houses, the Colleges are like American College system, but with magic, Horwart Houses are just dormitories with inter house competition.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Mage Tower is inspired by college football and capture the flag, but with none lethal spells, it's nothing like quadditch.

and the Colleges of Strixhaven are very different from Hogwart Houses, the Colleges are like American College system, but with magic, Horwart Houses are just dormitories with inter house competition.
look the idea predates both and it is a bad idea for a full setting, maybe a subsetting.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

I seriously can't think of a fantasy property more similar to Strixhaven than Hogwarts. If there is one, I'd like to hear it. But Harry Potter has some pretty obvious influences here.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I seriously can't think of a fantasy property more similar to Strixhaven than Hogwarts. If there is one, I'd like to hear it. But Harry Potter has some pretty obvious influences here.

Wizards 101 MMORPG was released in 2012 and played by my son. Its the first thing I thought of when I saw Strixhaven

Remove ads