D&D 5E Which of dice is the most special? Why?

Sacrosanct

Legend
My most special are my original dice from 1981, and a set of jade d6s I got in Alaska in 1983. But when I play, I have a dice set that matches my character archetype. For example, when I played my shadow sorcerer, my dice were black, smoky, with greys and blues.

Although, now as I get older, my dice are those I can read easily. So none of those fancy dice.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Nowdays I get a new set for every PC I play, unless it is a one-shot. As a GM I use a few special sets (the first three I ever had and a set of rainbow gem). I also have a hoard that is communally usable by my players if they don’t have a set of their own.

Despite only playing virtually for the last two years, the pandemic increased my dice goblin tendencies for a while. Dice made of wood, yeah, I should get a few of those. Ones that are candy corn colored, oh yeah! These dice are handmade by a small independent crafter, I should definitely support them. I've since gotten ahold of myself.

With Gary Con coming next week, if all goes as planned, I'm going to get to actually roll real dice. Which means picking out which of the dice I bought are going to get brought with me.

R_J_K75

Legend
As we were playing yesterday my dice were two feet away, but I just asked the player next to me for an extra set of theirs because I was too lazy to get mine. As long as they roll they'll work. I have a bunch of Chessex sets and a few odds and ends but nothing special or unique. I am thinking of getting a set of the DCC dice with the d5, d7, d9, d16, d18, d24 etc, but $50 is steep. I used to buy new sets when I started running or playing in a new campaign in years past but I think I have enough now.

Oofta

Legend
One of my players used to have a special set and, I gotta say this one particular die was multi-purpose dice and literal caltrop. I was always tempted to get a set just for the OMG reactions but never pulled the trigger.
download (44).jpg

P.S. Yes, they're made of metal.

Remove ads