Which of the A, C, D, G or Q modules have you played or ran?

Which of these adventures have you played in or ran?

• A1: Slave Pits of the Undercity

Votes: 102 59.3%
  • A2: Secret of the Slavers Stockade

Votes: 94 54.7%
  • A3: Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords

Votes: 80 46.5%
  • A4: In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords

Votes: 80 46.5%
  • C1: Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan (any version)

Votes: 72 41.9%
  • C2: Ghost Tower of Inverness

Votes: 81 47.1%
  • C3: Lost Island of Castanamir

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • C4: To Find a King by Bob Blake

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • C5: Bane of Llywelyn by Bob Blake

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • D1: Descent Into the Depths of the Earth

Votes: 108 62.8%
  • D2: Shrine of the Kuo-Toa

Votes: 103 59.9%
  • D3: Vault of the Drow

Votes: 101 58.7%
  • G1: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief

Votes: 117 68.0%
  • G2: Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl

Votes: 112 65.1%
  • G3: Hall of the Fire Giant King

Votes: 107 62.2%
  • Q1: Queen of the Demonweb Pits

Votes: 97 56.4%
  • None of these.

Votes: 28 16.3%

Voadam

Legend
I missed that the G series was included in this poll. I ran Fire Giants once. I think I played in an aborted game in the Hill giants one as well.

painandgreed

First Post
GDQ formed the basis of the best campaign I think I've ever run and the players said it was the best game they'd ever been in. A large part of it was because it was a very "storyteller" type game way before WW games appeared. Lots of PC to NPC dialogue. Lots of role playing. The modules formed the backdrop and the meat but the skeleton that held everything together was the character drama.

Pinotage

Explorer
I played the first few adventures in each series. In most cases something came up before they could be finished, or things got bogged down to the point of boredom. Sometimes the attenion span of a 16 year old is not that high. :)

Pinotage

Schmoe

Adventurer
C3 was a lot of fun, and is great for when you don't want to run an entire campaign. There are some very challenging parts of that adventure.

I had a great time running C4 and C5. There was just enough Celtic flavor to get my imagination running and was the seed for a large part of my home-brew campaign world. C5 takes the adventure in an unexpected direction, but both modules are great.

I have very vague recollections of running A4 as a one-shot. I always wanted to run the GDQ series, but, sadly, have not yet had the opportunity. As a young DM, nothing fired my imagination more than the possibilities of the portals to other worlds on the top layer of the Demonweb. Caer Darrow FTW!

chitzk0i

Explorer
I have just finished running my guys through the Ghost Tower of Inverness last Friday.

They really liked the fire room, and the

I plan to run G1 as my next adventure, with the PCs clearing out the land that is their reward for retrieving the Soul Gem.

And finish up the campaign with certain other adventures of a less than serious nature...

Edit: Balls, again. Once again, not chitzk0i, this is VirgilCaine. We're brothers and we share computers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads