Which of these D&D classes would you take if you had to choose one?

Gunfighter, manhout and tinkerer. The manhout is an interesting idea because some players like the idea of a monster pet like a old cartoon from childhood.

---

The keys to create and design a new class:

- Right balance of power, of course.

- Fun gameplay, nothing of boring class features/game mechanics soon are forgotten by players soon.

- Interesting background. A good class is like a cool cosplay, Halloween costume or clothings by urban tribes to show their own style or mark of personality.

If you had to choose some "no-core" classes to be the main characters of a story (comic, cartoon serie, novel or movie), without nothing of game mechanic, only storytelling, which would you choose?

Last edited by a moderator:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Gunfighter and Tinkerer speak to me, but only if they don’t have to contend with rolling for chance of explosion-in-face or whatever.

SilentWolf

First Post
The Savant. D&D 5e lacks a pure mundane intelligent based Class. I would design it by drawing inspiration from the Expert described in the Sidekicks UA, but without excessive skills in combat (I would leave those for some Subclasses, like the Tactician).

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I tool like that Savant is an Intelligence based class, but the Mahout and Fate Bender are more my style.

Not sure why but many of the 'names' of these classes to not speak to me at all. Just hearing the name does not tell me what they do. Without reading about them I would have no idea what sort of character half of these would be.

Tom Miskey

First Post
Geomancer

Several interesting choices, but if I had to choose one, I think it'd be the Geomancer. Magical abilities and a need to use your environment in interesting and unique ways...

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases