D&D 5E Which of these UA subclasses do you HATE?

Which of these UA subclasses do you HATE?

• Psychic Warrior

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Soulknife

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Arcane Tradition: Psionics

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • Rune Knight

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Swarmkeeper

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • The Revived

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Twighlight Domain

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Circle of Wildfire

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Onomancy

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • College of Eloquence

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Oath of Heroism

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Abherrant Mind

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • The Lurker in the Deap

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Path of the Wild Soul

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Way of the Astral Self

Votes: 17 26.2%

Sacrosanct

Legend
Coo story, bro.

Well, this reaction certainly speaks volumes about your attitude

Funny, me not being a fan of 4e and all, and supposedly suggesting that others are h4ters. Right, gotcha.

I wasn’t just talking about you. There is another frequent poster who uses the same strawmen as you, accusing others of hating the warlord and Psion, and often used “h4ters”, usually followed by a statement about how edition wars were in the past ironically not noticing how he is the one to always bring them up

Yeah, because I bet you're really interested in seeing someone dredge through past threads just to show you uo... Or you could just be a sea lion.

That’s not what sealioning means. Look, you’re the one to keep accusing others of “blind hatred you can’t reason with” to people who disagree with you. So show me. It’s the basis of your entire argument and victim complex, so show me all these people in those threads who have “blind hatred” towards the warlord and Psion. There is like, 1, or 2. And they aren’t even the ones you’ve been arguing with. Some are active threads, so it should be easy. Otherwise, stop accusing people of doing things they aren’t doing. And realize that a person can disagree with something you like and it’s not hatred. That simple.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Question: Why are you even on the 5e boards? It's obvious you hate it, been obvious since you both started posting here. Why devote your time to posting on the boards of a game you obviously hate?
That is a pretty broad stroke to paint and blatantly wrong!

I can't speak of @Son of the Serpent , but for myself I would hardly say I hate 5E. Yes, there are a lot of elements of it that I find incomplete or simply disagree with. My post here is simply that I don't think 5E needs more subclasses and there are better ways to accomplish the goals of them.

Question: Why are you even on the 5e boards? It's obvious you hate it, been obvious since you both started posting here. Why devote your time to posting on the boards of a game you obviously hate?
I like aspects of 5e. There is just much about it i would wish to see be different. Same reason people who would post something critical would post something critical is the reason i would. I just have a longer list of what imo fits that bill. I also say positive things about 5e.

There is no quota or ratio i need to meet for negative and positive critique. For 5e i happen to have a lot of negative critique. I have more for 4e. I think 5e did more right.

Last edited:

That is a pretty broad stroke to paint and blatantly wrong!

I can't speak of @Son of the Serpent , but for myself I would hardly say I hate 5E. Yes, there are a lot of elements of it that I find incomplete or simply disagree with. My post here is simply that I don't think 5E needs more subclasses and there are better ways to accomplish the goals of them.
Actually my position is pretty similar to your stated one.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
That’s not what sealioning means. Look, you’re the one to keep accusing others of “blind hatred you can’t reason with” to people who disagree with you. So show me. It’s the basis of your entire argument and victim complex, so show me all these people in those threads who have “blind hatred” towards the warlord and Psion. There is like, 1, or 2. And they aren’t even the ones you’ve been arguing with. Some are active threads, so it should be easy. Otherwise, stop accusing people of doing things they aren’t doing. And realize that a person can disagree with something you like and it’s not hatred. That simple.

Look, I'm not going to dredge up a year or two old threads just to point out that there are people that actively go out of their way to naysay any pro-warlord sentiment be it under the guise of "shouting your arm back on" or being against nonmagical healing, or just threadcrapping without even trying to find an excuse to do so. This is the same thhing that's been going on since I reappeared on these boards when the WotC boards shut down (and I'm sure it existed before that, too). It's gotten a little better over the years, but even one of the recent threads is a "justify it to me" (as if the class needs your specific approval) rather than acceptence of adding something that may not be of interest to them. It's a lot less threadcrappy and trolly, but it's a long way from being supportive of your fellow gamer. It's the same, to a lesser extent, with the psion—there are people that actively want there to be no psion class. Not that they'd have to use it if it existed, they just want to yuck on other peoples' yum.

Sacrosanct

Legend
So it’s easier just to accuse people who don’t like the same things as you of being irrational, unable to reason with, and have a blind hatred for the thing you like without having any actual evidence of that phenomenon going on? Awfully convenient, that.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Look, I'm not going to dredge up a year or two old threads just to point out that there are people that actively go out of their way to naysay any pro-warlord sentiment be it under the guise of "shouting your arm back on" or being against nonmagical healing, or just threadcrapping without even trying to find an excuse to do so. This is the same thhing that's been going on since I reappeared on these boards when the WotC boards shut down (and I'm sure it existed before that, too).
Before that, there was a point where Warlord threads were shunted to a sub-forum, as there was edition-war-level vitriol being poured on every thread, and they'd re-spawn faster than they were being shut down.
It's gotten a little better over the years, but even one of the recent threads is a "justify it to me" (as if the class needs your specific approval) rather than acceptence of adding something that may not be of interest to them. It's a lot less threadcrappy and trolly, but it's a long way from being supportive of your fellow gamer. It's the same, to a lesser extent, with the psion—there are people that actively want there to be no psion class. Not that they'd have to use it if it existed, they just want to yuck on other peoples' yum.
Denial-of-others'-fun arguments tend to start with "it's wrongbadfun will destroy the game" move on to "it's too soon, be patient" then "it's too late, you should've said something earlier" and finally "obviously no one wants it or we'd have it by now." The psionics discussion seems to be moving into the third stage. Less folks who hate the very idea of psionics, more apologists who take the call for psionics as an intolerable criticism of the game their sworn* to protect.

* there's gotta be potential for a new Paladin Oath in there... plenty of time before April 1.... ;)

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
Also, I’m not saying you have to go back two years. If what you claim is true, there are active threads in the front page right now, so it should be easy for you to give examples of all these people who blindly hate the psion like you claim.

And if you do have to go back two years to find one, well, that pretty much nullifies you’re claim that’s its always happening, doesn’t it?

I suspect what you’ll find is that on the rare case when someone does say they hate the psion, they are called out on it by everyone else, fans and non fans alike. Just like above.

But this idea that every thread is just threadcappers who blindly hate the psion just doesn’t seem to hold up to any scrutiny. It’s a straw man used to justify your position, that’s it.

Remove ads