D&D 5E Which of these UA subclasses do you HATE?

Which of these UA subclasses do you HATE?

• Psychic Warrior

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Soulknife

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Arcane Tradition: Psionics

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • Rune Knight

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Swarmkeeper

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • The Revived

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Twighlight Domain

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Circle of Wildfire

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Onomancy

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • College of Eloquence

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Oath of Heroism

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Abherrant Mind

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • The Lurker in the Deap

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Path of the Wild Soul

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Way of the Astral Self

Votes: 17 26.2%

Also, I’m not saying you have to go back two years. If what you claim is true, there are active threads in the front page right now, so it should be easy for you to give examples of all these people who blindly hate the psion like you claim.

And if you do have to go back two years to find one, well, that pretty much nullifies you’re claim that’s its always happening, doesn’t it?

I suspect what you’ll find is that on the rare case when someone does say they hate the psion, they are called out on it by everyone else, fans and non fans alike. Just like above.

But this idea that every thread is just threadcappers who blindly hate the psion just doesn’t seem to hold up to any scrutiny. It’s a straw man used to justify your position, that’s it.
I dont blindly hate psions. I hate psions after 25 years of observing psionics and problems i see woth them. They arent impossible to hate for legitimate reasons you know.

Trying to influence the poll by listing the psionics options first? lol
I just went through them in the order they are displayed on the website, which is the opposite order that they where published.

I think the most interesting thing to emerge from the poll is the psion isn't the most hated.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I dont blindly hate psions. I hate psions after 25 years of observing psionics and problems i see woth them. They arent impossible to hate for legitimate reasons you know.

And I’ll say the same thing I said earlier. It’s a game, man. No one is forcing you to play a psion. Hate is a strong word, and using for an aspect of a game you can easily ignore seems....to have lack of perspective. I mean, I hate Brussels sprouts. And people who abuse others. But a game? Even the worst rule of any game, I think I just don’t like. And then don’t have anything to do with it because games are meant to be fun and why would I play a game that wasn’t fun?

Hate is still a strong word. I personally don't see why anyone would hate anything about a game except for perhaps elements of racism, sexism or support of blatantly evil things.

I don't like any version of psion I have seen over the decades.I think they have all been broken and troublesome. BUT, I still hope for a good psion class to be published. I acknowledge that they are an archtype that is missing. And for some settings a needed one. I just have yet to see one that I actually like. (i.e. "like" = enjoy playing or playing with, thinks adds value and enjoyment to the game, etc)

Remove ads