Which one should I buy?

Which one should I add to my library right away?

• Arms & Equipments from WotC.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Savage Species from WotC.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Ghostwalk from WotC.

• Stronghold Builder's Guidebook from WotC.

• Book of Vile Darkness from WotC.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Fiend Folio from WotC.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Arcana Unearthed from Monte Cook.

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Wait and buy D&D 3.5 Core Book Gift Set.

Votes: 18 29.0%

Ran

First Post
Okay I have just made 23 (29th of August) and have been gifted with the four books of midnight (gonna buy on amazon yet) and was thinking, 'cause I have money to buy another book.

Which one shoul I buy? I have tred to keep up to date with wizards releases but have lost some (many) and want a help here.

1. Arm & Equipments, WotC.
  2. Fiend Folio, WotC.
  3. Savage Species, WotC
  4. Book of Vile Darkness, WotC.
  5. Stronghold Builder's Guidebook, WotC.
  6. Ghostwalk, WotC.
  7. Arcana Unearthed, Monte Cook.

I might say that i don't have any of the 3.5 core books yet and I may instead buy the gift set with all three when it comes out, so this makes option 8...

help me please, reviews (quick ones) would be nice!

Emiricol

I'd go with #8 :)

Besides that, I'd go for Fiend Folio, which works for 3.0 and 3.5 really, or I'd go for Stronghold Builders Guide because, well, castles are fun.

Ran

First Post
Hey, very good, I have been too long on the post a poll o i haven't got your votes on it... anyway keep on, I really appreciate the help on deciding...

And I am going to have all the midnight books, that is more than a birthday gift i was hoping for!!! I want to know which one to buy with my own money, as i don't want to pay two shipments (unless I go for gift set, which deserves a whole new shipment after all).

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Sage

Explorer
I wouldn't buy the core books just yet at least, this thread should be bulging with SRD's by the end of monday (beginning of tuesday for those in the US. There should be at least one copy of the rules that you like:

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61654

The one allready there is a beuaty.

Oh, and don't forget to check out my entry :)

Now as for which book to buy, my brother says that the BoVD would fit well with the midnight setting, though I personally didn't find much good in the book other than the demon lords.

Sage

Zulithe

Explorer
I voted #8. I just got the new books and have been very pleased. Won't know the full implications of the changes until my new campaign starts, but I'm crossing my fingers. :) The new weapon size rules seem very fresh, I just hope it isn't a disaster!

Personally, as much as the material in the books is useful, I don't own most of those books, preferring homebrew ideas. I would probably spend that extra money towards the new D&D minis coming up :)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I also voted for #8, but if you're planning on letting your PCs leave the Midnight plane of existance, I recommend the Fiend Folio.

The new Core books are really quite good.

-- Nifft

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
If I only had the money for one book, I wouldn't buy any of the ones on your list. I'd get Magical Medieval Society instead. It will be useful far longer, and far more often than any of the choices you list.

Remove ads