Which Online Virtual Tabletop Do You Use?

Which online virtual tabletop do you use?

Phenomen

Explorer
So which spell or feat is missing? Your answer is totally irrelevant. As I said everything in the core is already available and even more. I've just checked and all equipment, Bestiary 1/2, Gods & Magic, archetypes, race features, deities, GMG, Adventure Path, and even Pathfinder Society content is there. So your "knowledge" is very outdated. Not to mention it's available for free and you don't have to pay $200 for books as you would have on Roll20.

1593309485609.png

I'm a lawyer.
Weird flex.

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
Just bought Foundry for the Warhammer Roleplay platform the fans made, but Cubicle7 just went to war with VTTs.
Turns out they are going to require license for their stuff and accidentally revealed they are in secret negotiations with Roll20..and thats why they called other VTT 'shady.' Cant have fan made stuff anymore.

Hopefully they work it out soon.

Just bought Foundry for the Warhammer Roleplay platform the fans made, but Cubicle7 just went to war with VTTs.
Turns out they are going to require license for their stuff and accidentally revealed they are in secret negotiations with Roll20..and thats why they called other VTT 'shady.' Cant have fan made stuff anymore.

Hopefully they work it out soon.
You cannot copyright game mechanics. There are plenty of fan made rulesets (FG) and character sheets (Roll20) for lots of games.

Licenses allow the actual game material that is not in OGL form to be used.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
My wife wants to check out Foundry, and I just wanted to check into their behavior and culture before giving them money.

Anyone know of any important (to anyone) criticisms of Foundry of the folks who own and operate it?

Retreater

Legend
Well shucks. I was just looking at Foundry and it doesn't seem to be compatible with Chromebooks (which my fiancée, best friend, and I have) - looks like it requires Mac or Windows installation (same as Fantasy Grounds). Oh well, it looks like we're stuck with the inadequate Roll20 for Pathfinder 2e for now.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I have not heard anything untoward about Foundry. Generally, when looking at a potential software purchase I google it and the company and read reviews from the more reputable sites I find, plus check out discussions on relevant forums and Reddit. That usually gives me notice of any potential issues with the software and whether it seems to fit my needs enough to give it a trial run. If something awful comes up about the company, they may sway me against going with that product depending on the nature of the allegations and whether it seems to be company culture issue or just one individual. But I don't really go out of my way to check social media, like Twitter or Facebook where those kinds of allegations are going to get the most traction. So I could be missing something. But, so far, I've heard nothing bad. They are a new and small company, however. So probably more risk than, say Fantasy Grounds. But you are not talking about a lot of money. Low risk.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
My wife wants to check out Foundry, and I just wanted to check into their behavior and culture before giving them money.

Anyone know of any important (to anyone) criticisms of Foundry of the folks who own and operate it?

It's one person. Should be easy to see if you have issues......but on discord, seems good.

Nebulous

Legend
I too have thought about using Foundry, but it would require me to convince five other players to get on board too, and they like their Roll20. I might just get it to play around and compare.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases