Which RPGs did you play in 2023?

hawkeyefan

Legend
Heart: the City Beneath (home-brew campaign)

Very cool. How did you like it? I'm a big fan of Heart and Spire.

Night's Black Agents (The Dracula Dossier). This was by far the best game I played in this year. The GM did a fantastic job, it's a great campaign, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes secret agents and/or vampires.

This is something I may run after my Stonetop game, although I am planning on using Against the Dark Conspiracy for the rules as I'm not a huge fan of gumshoe. The idea of the campaign is great, and I like the way it's presented in the setting book with many different options to use in play.

How many sessions did you play for, if I may ask?

FriendlyFiend

Explorer
Let’s see, this year I’ve played…

Out of the Ashes
Casting the Runes
Yellow King
Black Sword Hack
Blue Hack
Mausritter
Worlds Without Number
Trophy Dark
Everway
Those Dark Places
Cypher System (Numenera)
Swords of the Serpentine
Rivers of London
Pendragon 6E
Matrons of Mystery
Alien
Pulp Hack
Cthulhu Dark
Vaesen
Alice is Missing
Mythic Bastionland
Monster of the Week
FIST
Mothership
Spectaculars

I’m due to GM Beyond the Wall tomorrow and I’ve still got games of Dragonbane and Blade Runner lined up before Christmas. Phew!

The Soloist

Adventurer
Is this why you're The Soloist?
Yes. A few years ago I looked at my unplayed RPGs and decided I would do something about it. I solo played in the early 80s with the Barbarian Prince game so I searched YouTube for advice. I'm retired now but my S.O. still has to work for another two years. Once my daily chores are done I solo play, read or play with our dog. I also solo play board games and wargames.

I've continued to running my D&D 5e campaign and I started playing in a Blades in the Dark campaign.

I GMed:
  • The last few sessions of a Spire: The City Must Fall campaign
  • About 20 sessions of The 13th Fleet (Spoofy take on Star Trek, FitD)
  • About 20 sessions of Stonetop, which is still ongoing (PbtA iron age fantasy)

I played:
  • Finished a Temple of Elemental Evil 5e campaign
  • Played in the biggest railroad I've ever been a part of in a 5e campaign that lasted about 20 sessions
  • The last 10 or so sessions of a Stonetop campaign
  • About 10 sessions of Dogs in the Vineyard
  • About 6 sessions of A Thousand Arrows (warring states Japan PbtA)
  • About 15 sessions of Mouse Guard
  • Just stared a 5e campaign of Descent into Avernus tonight
  • About to start a campaign of The Between tomorrow (PbtA Victorian monster hunters)
All this in one year? How? Between the two campaigns I mentioned I'd be surprised if there would have been more than twenty sessions during the whole year. Granted, the Blades begun in middle of the year, so it haven't had that many sessions, but still. But well over hundred sessions seems rather impressive! I wish I had your scheduling skills!

Remove ads