• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which team will win Super Bowl XXXIX?

Which team will win Super Bowl XXXIX?

The Shaman

First Post
GlassJaw said:
McNabb = overrated. He's a very inaccurate passer. Most of the balls he threw were just up for grabs.
Last night somewhere around 7:30 EST I wrote:
The Shaman said:
D-Mac is really walking the tightrope...I'm reminded of Nuke Laloosh: "18 strikeouts, a new league record. 18 walks, another new league record."

Either he's threading the needle or he has no idea where the ball is going.
I don't think he's overrated but questions about McNabb's accuracy and defense reading still linger after the biggest game of his career so far.

Give credit to Belichick and Co. too, though, for giving the Eagles some different looks on D.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
GlassJaw said:
I'm not sure I would congratulate their fans, considering they weren't exactly good losers.

Some random thoughts about the game:

I don't like TO but he is the real deal.

McNabb = overrated. He's a very inaccurate passer. Most of the balls he threw were just up for grabs.

Memo to NFL coaches - learn how to manage the clock. It's embarassing.

I'm really glad Branch got MVP. Rodney was a good second choice but there's no way he would get the votes.

I love the Beatles but the halftime show was a snooze-fest.

And so the dynasty begins...

Yup. VERY BAD time management by the Eagles led to helping them lose the game.

McNabb- Overrated just like alot of other players out there.

I watched the first 2 mins (or so) of the halftime show and decided that checking wotc boards was alot more interesting than Paul McCartney's boring self up on stage. I've seen more animation from the use of Animate Dead than this guy! Goes to show what happens when the "Geritol Generation" rears up and gripes (although I betcha some of them liked the "stunt" from last year....... :p )

Most of the ads sucked, IMO. The only good ones were by Nationwide, Diet Pepsi and Lays Potato Chips. The rest were a snooze-fest. Ford went too over the top with that ad for their new car (the frozen stiff in the open convertable in Fargo). Cadillac did a nifty effect ad for their new cars. Careerbuilder overdid it with the monkeys bit. It was like "OK, I. Get. The. Point. Not. To. Use. Your. Site. To. Find. A. Job.)

drothgery

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
McNabb- Overrated just like alot of other players out there.

He was the #2 passer in the NFL this year, behind Peyton Manning, according to the NFL's rating system. He's not the first great quarterback to look bad against the Pats defense, and at least McNabb offset this to some degree by looking good to great on the Eagles three scoring drives (and 95% of one non-scoring drive).

d20Dwarf

Explorer
drothgery said:
He was the #2 passer in the NFL this year, behind Peyton Manning, according to the NFL's rating system. He's not the first great quarterback to look bad against the Pats defense, and at least McNabb offset this to some degree by looking good to great on the Eagles three scoring drives (and 95% of one non-scoring drive).

Yes, McNabb FINALLY had a good year at QB. It's really a Boy Who Cried Wolf syndrome at this point, though.

drothgery

First Post
d20Dwarf said:
Yes, McNabb FINALLY had a good year at QB. It's really a Boy Who Cried Wolf syndrome at this point, though.

He's had good years in the past (though his accuracy had some problems). Between finally getting a quality #1 reciever in Owens, and more improvement than anyone can really expect of someone in their sixth year, he had a great year this year, and if Peyton Manning hadn't been shattering records in Indy, he likely would have been MVP.

Crothian

First Post
drothgery said:
He's had good years in the past (though his accuracy had some problems). Between finally getting a quality #1 reciever in Owens, and more improvement than anyone can really expect of someone in their sixth year, he had a great year this year, and if Peyton Manning hadn't been shattering records in Indy, he likely would have been MVP.

I don't know, he had a great year but so did that QB of the Vikings who no talked about either

ph34r

First Post
capt.sge.ilz73.070205150433.photo00.photo.default-278x378.jpg

Woot! :D

TheAuldGrump

First Post
And now to demonstrate my own massive knowledge (?) of sports - The last time I went to see any game involving professional teams it wa the Red Sox vs. the Patriots, playing basketball.

Seriously, it was a game for charity, the high point was when Grogin caught the basketball, tucked it under his arm, took three or four steps, then stopped dead as the ref came out blowing his whistle. Both the ref and Grogin were laughing so hard they shook as he handed over the ball.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads