• Ring of Bless

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Ring of Blur

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Ring of Haste

Votes: 32 74.4%

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Ring of Haste, pretty much unquestionably. Even for the spellcaster. Being able to take the Disengage action every turn while still casting a spell is incredible for increasing your survivability--and you get +2 AC on top of that. That's literally equivalent to getting a floating shield (which normally also requires attunement) for free on top of the "take one extra action to make an attack, Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use An Object" benefit.

Plus, one of my greatest problems in life is time management. Being able to move twice as fast would be a godsend. I would not, in general, fall into the issues that plague that one (in?)famous Shen Comix strip:

EECIGFaWsAAtBem

aco175

Legend
Does haste still age you faster? I would not want just 10 more years to live or such. I would likely want bless. Being 10% better at everything would be great for my golf game, and to quote Nugenix- "and guys, she'll like it too."

Depends on the flavor and overall PC concept for me. Haste is probably the most powerful one but clashes with anything going for a cool and collected feel.

Does haste still age you faster? I would not want just 10 more years to live or such. I would likely want bless. Being 10% better at everything would be great for my golf game, and to quote Nugenix- "and guys, she'll like it too."
Bless only helps attack rolls and saving throws, not ability checks, so unless you're in a dangerous situation bless isn't going to do much for you.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Depends on the PC. Haste is awesome for most martial types and monks, not as much for casters or even rogues. For casters, ring of blur. However, a cloak of displacement pretty much already does the same thing and it already exists. If that matters.
Haste can be better for rogues than extra-attack martials.

Attack with your Haste action. If you miss, you can attack with your normal and still have a chance to deliver SA. If you hit with the Haste attack you use your action to Ready to attack on someone else's turn. So basically it turns a 0 damage round into a potential full damage round, and a full damage round into a potential double damage round. That's a greater increase ratio than any class where it's just adding a 3rd attack. (I'm not considering limited resources like a Paladin's smites - they have a set maximum of damage dice a day, haste just delivers them faster.)

Remove ads