• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Acad. Revisited, OOC02

Leif

Adventurer
FYI: Both the magical falchion and the ghost-touch short sword have +1 enchantments.

Don't ask me why I"m telling you this for free! :-S

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Don't forget about this:
The cube had 13cp, 2sp, 14gp, and a garnet (150gp).

Uela, the Goblin sorceress under the keep had 45pp.

The 'Secret Treasure Room' in the caves under the keep had the treasure belonging to the ghost, Vordek, which is 6,750sp, 532cgp, and a gold bracelet (250gp).

That should do it, I think.
And Leif, is that 532 gp or cp?

Also, how are we going to divide up the loot? Will magic items count against the money we get? For example if Manny gets the Ioun Stone (an 8,000 gp item) will he be able to get anything else? It doesn't seem to balance out well.

Leif

Adventurer
Good question, Kerlan! I had to look it up to find out. It's 532 gp.

And the idea of offsetting magic items against monetary treasure is a matter that is wholly in the realm of the players to decide. So DEAL with it! :p

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
KerlanRayne in IC thread said:
OOC: I'm not sure how detailed the map is, but maybe you could scan it and just erase the parts we don't know about yet.
No, that's an awful lot of trouble for very little dungeon. You've almost explored all there is, so there's really not much point in doing that now.

renau1g

First Post
Don't forget about this: And Leif, is that 532 gp or cp?

Also, how are we going to divide up the loot? Will magic items count against the money we get? For example if Manny gets the Ioun Stone (an 8,000 gp item) will he be able to get anything else? It doesn't seem to balance out well.

Well my thoughts (I'm assuming Xavier's as well) are that right now there's not really anyone to sell it to (unless i'm mistaken) and that Manny was the most obvious user of the item with his class choice. I would only place the value of the item at 4k, because that's all we'd get in selling it if we decide to count it as part of the distribution of wealth. That said, I don't mind if we include magic item choices in distribution of loot(assuming one PC essentially 'buys' the item from the group using part or all of their share of the loot).

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Neither I nor Manny will be at all out of sorts if the Ioun Stone is counted for monetary value against Manny's share of the 'swag.'

For Manny's part, he's still wet behind the ears as a student/adventurer (most of his 250 years have been quite sheltered). This is new and exciting for him, and he's not acquisitive by nature. He's having a blast playing hero with his classmates.

For my part, it's not like I'm gonna be moving Manny to another game or using him in any context (as a player) other than this game with this group, so in a very real sense everything he has (whether gained pre-game or in-game) is a part of the 'party swag.' He's not gonna take his toys and go somewhere else!

I might decide to use him (or the idea of him) as an NPC sometime, but then if I decide to do that I can pretty much give him whatever I want him to have anyway.

Leif

Adventurer
No, I was talking about the partial Underdark map we just found. I doubt we have explored much of it yet.
Ahh, sorry. Still, I can't really scan the thing because the map you found only shows a small portion of the Underdark map in the module, and it's not a terribly good map, anyway. But, because it's so important, I'm going to have to make you a map of it anyway, so you will be seeing it as soon as I can get one made. (It will probably be a couple of days before I get one that I'm happy with?)

This module is turning out to be more work than I thought a published adventure even could be. But I do think that it's a pretty cool set-up.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
thanks for the update on the treasure. I for got that part of it.

as for the idea of magic item value towards individual amouts gained, i would have to agree with the 50% market value idea, as has mentioned: that is all the party would have gotten in cash for it any way.

as for the map problem, I suggested you take the map of what we found (L.K.'s map) and scan it to electronic and e mail copies to us if the file is too big. Hotmail can take pictures and videos and my account is like 1% filled. no problem for any thing i get sent.

Remove ads