• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Acad. Revisited, OOC02

Leif

Adventurer
If you guys can hammer out a deal about the magic items that makes everyone happy, then that's great. If anyone is NOT happy with the final deal, please let me know, ok? (I've got a new DM spell that I want to try out: Crack Players' Heads Together.)

About the map, DeWar, I'm just not going to show you the whole Underdark map for the module, period. Kerlans' idea about obscuring the sensitive parts is not bad, but I'm just not terribly happy with the overall map. I have an idea that I can do better, and I at least want to make an attempt at it. It really shouldn't take that long to do, and with some decent luck I can at least make a good, healthy start on it tonight. And it's not like you guys are going to go on an extended Underdark adventure right this minute, anyway. You should at least go back topside in Pembrose and buy a few ham sandwiches to take on the trip! (And maybe a couple bottles of beer?)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
If you guys can hammer out a deal about the magic items that makes everyone happy, then that's great. If anyone is NOT happy with the final deal, please let me know, ok? (I've got a new DM spell that I want to try out: Crack Players' Heads Together.)

About the map, DeWar, I'm just not going to show you the whole Underdark map for the module, period. Kerlans' idea about obscuring the sensitive parts is not bad, but I'm just not terribly happy with the overall map. I have an idea that I can do better, and I at least want to make an attempt at it. It really shouldn't take that long to do, and with some decent luck I can at least make a good, healthy start on it tonight. And it's not like you guys are going to go on an extended Underdark adventure right this minute, anyway. You should at least go back topside in Pembrose and buy a few ham sandwiches to take on the trip! (And maybe a couple bottles of beer?)

At least a couple of sandwiches, just in case we run into any hook horrors they might be hungry and I don't want to offer up myself as a tasty treat.

Leif

Adventurer
At least a couple of sandwiches, just in case we run into any hook horrors they might be hungry and I don't want to offer up myself as a tasty treat.
See? renau1g is THINKING!! :D But you've got to plan carefully, because if you give all your ham sandwiches to random hook horrors, then you still wind up with a 'grumbling belly.' (Mowgli knows all about grumbling bellys! "Grumblebelly" is what he called FreeXenon's character in Whirtlestaff's I; Grumblebelly was a Dwarf wizard, which I thought at the time was kind of a lame idea, but then I ended up making Bevin in Kinem's game. Kinem has now graciously allowed Bevin to switch over lock, stock, and barrel to Beguiler, thank goodness. Dwarf Enchanters just don't work very well when you spend most of your time fighting undead.)

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kinem has now graciously allowed Bevin to switch over lock, stock, and barrel to Beguiler, thank goodness. Dwarf Enchanters just don't work very well when you spend most of your time fighting undead.)
So you went from Enchantment with a sprinkling of other kinds of spells to basically Enchantment and Illusion only? How is that going to help against undead? Seems to me that Beguiler would be even worse.

Leif

Adventurer
It's better mainly because the Beguiler is a spontaneous caster, so I can use any spell I know that fits a given situation. Also, my spell list as a Beguiler also includes every wizard spell that I knew previously. They were mostly all on the Beguiler list anyway, but that gave me a few goodies like Burning Hands. Sadly, I never had Magic Missile. I didn't choose that one because I wanted this character to be different, and my wizards ALWAYS use that spell. Yeah, dead is different! I found out the hard way that it's sometimes good to be different, IF YOU ONLY GO SO FAR with it.

renau1g

First Post
Like a gnome/halfling barbarian (in 3.5) with an 8 STR. They're different, but they sure do stink ;). I actually had someone roll up to a local gaming group with a gnome barbarian, 10 Str, 12 CON and seriously wanted to play this guy. We obliged and our group of 4 (incl. said gnome) had covered the 4 bases (tank, rogue, cleric, wizard). Unfortunately our tank went down pretty quickly after not hitting anything and the rest of the group fell shortly after.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
(I've got a new DM spell that I want to try out: Crack Players' Heads Together.)
hey mo! nyuk nyuk nyuk!
About the map, DeWar, I'm just not going to show you the whole Underdark map for the module, period. Kerlans' idea about obscuring the sensitive parts is not bad, but I'm just not terribly happy with the overall map.

Darn. for got to use my formiddiable jedi mind powers on leif before i mad that suggestion

I have an idea that I can do better, and I at least want to make an attempt at it. It really shouldn't take that long to do, and with some decent luck I can at least make a good, healthy start on it tonight. And it's not like you guys are going to go on an extended Underdark adventure right this minute, anyway. You should at least go back topside in Pembrose and buy a few ham sandwiches to take on the trip! (And maybe a couple bottles of beer?)

As for the beasties below, I figure they just need
1) a good creamy and steamy hot Cappachino to warm their hearts

2) some Sumatra coffee with cream and sugar to get the chill edge of living in the cold environs of the the underdark

or
3) a good BMT (Bacon , mutton and tomatoe. With mayonaise ...)

Remove ads