Whirtlestaffs Wizards Academy Action: in-character thread

Leif

Adventurer
Is everyone going to hang out at the Academy/college today and change spells for the trip? Tylara, are you going to go scouting? Is anybody going with her?

OOC: you guys really should keep at least a few utility spells of various sorts memorized at all times, because you never can be too sure when adventure is going to come knocking! :D
Better yet, that's why SCROLLS were invented!! Or perhaps some of you didn't get my memo about all the scrolls you've been allowed to stash??

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Tylara wouldn't go alone. But maybe with a friend or two. Do we have more scrolls available than the 6 potions and scrolls we started out with? Did I miss something? Speaking of which, maybe today would be a good time to go try and trade for some healing potions?

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Durgeon (Male Dwarf Conjurer)

"Now, don't ya go an get yourself into a load of trouble lass. You do not want to go alone. Not only that flora, but a wizard that is caught in prepared is a wizard that is basically dead. Wait until tomorrow so we don't have to bring your body back. We can all study for our tests, rememorize spells, get our potions and scrolls together, and research this glen thingy we are going to. That is like recon? Do you have a scroll of clairvoyance handy? With enough research this may come in handy and sate your appetite for scouting? What do ya say lass?"

[OOC: I have money left and would be willing to help pay for 2 scrolls of Clairvoyance/Clairaudience; one to cast and one for us to scribe.]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Well, Tylara, if 6 potions/scrolls just isn't enough armament to allow you to feel secure enough to venture outside the academy, then, perhaps you should think about another line of work?

And let e see, how many of you are there? Eight still, I believe? 6 x 8 =..... now what was that again..... OH, YEAH 6 X 8 = 48!!!!!
I KNOW that 48 scrolls among the party will be sufficient to allow for ANYTHING! You guys really better do some 'head extraction" before you run up against someone who wants to do you harm! :p :lol:

But, yeah, this would be a good time to visit the temple and pick up a potion or two.

Leif

Adventurer
FreeXenon said:
OOC: I have money left and would be willing to help pay for 2 scrolls of Clairvoyance/Clairaudience; one to cast and one for us to scribe.][/SIZE]
OOC: Your going to waste another whole day scribing another scroll?? That was kinda why I let you do all that stuff before! What's up widdat mess??

IC: :]

OOC: ;)

Leif

Adventurer
Aology

FreeXenon said:
[OOC: Good point. The scribing can be for a later time :) ]
OOC: I'm sorry, Mr. "At large inert gas." This game is for the PLAYERS to have fun, not me. If you guys get your jollies from hanging out at the academy and scribing scrolls, who am I to naysay you? Knock thy bad self out. :lol:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Leif said:
OOC: Alexandra remembers that she is needed in the Constructs Lab, where she is Professor's Aid (Pet?), and she excuses herself to attend to her duties.
"Maybe next time Alex." Kerlan says as he watches her leave in slight disappointment.

"I wouldn't mind going out today, Tylara. It's been a while since I've been out in the countryside. If no one else wants to go, however, I wouldn't mind waiting until tomorrow either.

KerlanRayne

Leif

Adventurer
There is a good-sized temple/cathedral/monastery about 3 miles to the southwest. The nearest settlement is about the same distance to the southeast. So, Whirtlestaffs, the temple, and the town/city are at the points of an equilateral triangle. There's a large grove of trees in the middle, with a stream running through from northeast to southwest. There are trails of at least decent quality connecting all three, with a better, improved roadway between the city and the temple. The least improved trail is between the city and Whirtlestaffs, but it's still pretty good, and usable at almost all times of the year. Even when the path is flooded (in low places) or obscured by snow, the route is still passable.

(Maybe I need to get you guys a map, huh?)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

"Let's visit the temple today and visit the meadow tomorrow. No sense treking out there twice I suppose. Shall we make our way to the temple after lunch? Will that give everyone time to study and such?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases