• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, IC03

Leif

Adventurer
The White Fist Orcs, Jartrews Longknife

Francheska speaks up, "Chief, where is our guide? We will dine with him before we leave."

Quietly to the others, "Let's stay together and not let ourselves get isolated where disgruntled warriors could take revenge."
Chief Longknife motions his son over to him. "This is my own whelp, Simeon Longknife. He will be your guide. I am trusting you to take good care of my Prince!" His son, a young adult by the looks of him, seems a little bit nervous, but stoic in the face of his newly assigned task. You've never seen an orc with a hooked nose as pronounced as Simeon's! But, looking more closely at his putative father, you see a definite resmblance about the eyes, ears, and chin. Mama must have a honker to be truly 'proud' of?

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
a non committal grunt is all that cappi si able to utter when franny speaks. " good idea." he says, though to which one or both it is hard to tell.

At the introduction to Simeon he says, " Well met Simeon, son of Jartrews." he then offers his hand for a shake.

Leif

Adventurer
The White Fist Orcs, Simeon Longknife

At the introduction to Simeon he says, " Well met Simeon, son of Jartrews." he then offers his hand for a shake.
Simeon takes the offered hand gingerly, looks at it, and then looks to his father, who nods. He then bows slightly, and Capizzio would swear that Simeon is about to KISS his hand, but at the last moment, he straightens back up and shakes Cappzzioi's hand vigorously. "May we have good hunting together, brother," says the young orc.

[sblock=FYI Simeon Longknife]Simeon is Barbarian3, stats to be determined (by me) later, this will be sort of a communal character, I guess, but use your best judgment with him, please. If anyone strays too far, I'll fix it when the time comes. ... I FINALLY got a warrior in my party of wizards! :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

The elf greets the newest edition to the group. "Welcome Simeon. I look forward to much good hunting with you. Tell us of your experiences in the Underdark. What hazards to we face?"

Leif

Adventurer

Simeon looks thoughtful and then says, "Almost everything is a hazard in the underdark, really. The terrain itself is normally extremely rugged -- these aren't passages hewn by folk like orcs or humans who walk on two legs. No, the typical inhabitant of the underdark either slithers, swims, or flies. There will be times when we must climb either up or down for hours, possibly even a day or longer, to reach the next plateau. And let's not forget the Crushed Skull Orcs, either! They are very dangerous and would rather kill us and eat us than anything else, and that goes for myself, too. And, then, there are smaller pockets where various beasts and vile folk live where the terrain is easier, but the dangers there are usually even greater. We will generally be traveling to the north for the greater part of our journey, and we will need to go some 50 miles or more. Is there something else that you seek in the underdark besides the Crushed Skull Orcs?"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Yes, this Larin Karr fellow. It sounds like this undertaking is not only for our tribe, but your tribe as well. These dangers are a threat to all of us surface walkers." says Cappizzio ponderously.

Leif

Adventurer

"We're also looking for a wizard who may have ventured in there. His name is Larin Karr (sp?)"

"Yes, this Larin Karr fellow. It sounds like this undertaking is not only for our tribe, but your tribe as well. These dangers are a threat to all of us surface walkers." says Cappizzio ponderously.
OOC: Your spelling is amazingly correct, Scotley! I'll alert the media at once!

IC: Simeon looks thoughtful and says, "Hmm, Larin Karr, you say? I am not familar with that name. Perhaps the Crushed Skull Orcs know something of him. Of course, we'll have to catch them during a lull in their bloodlust in order to find out, but it could happen, I suppose."

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan the orc looks at Simeon and speaks. "I must take a moment." He then walks off behind a boulder that completely blocks everyone's view of him. Coming back out the other side he is not longer an orc. What you see is a humanoid reptilian creature. Some may know it as an evil warlike creature called a Troglodyte. As soon as it appears, however, it moves behind another boulder. Out from the other side appears an ordinary looking man. He walks back to the group and again looks at Simeon. "That's much better. My name is Kerlan." He then brings out his copy of the Underdark map they found at the Keep and shows it to him. "Maybe you can fill in some information for us on this map."

Remove ads