• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

White elephant gift suggestions

ssampier

First Post
'Tis the season for giving and the season for office Christmas parties. In my case, we are all required to give a "White Elephant" gift. I was thinking I wanted to do something unique and creative for my White Elephant this year, but otherwise I'm stumped.

Last year I gave one of those dollar store kid's felt Turkey drawings; I took the effort to color the turkey beforehand. I thought it was funny, but it didn't seem too well-received.

This year, I want to make my mark. Ideas I had:

* Signed picture of myself.
* A picture of another employee as an in-joke, I'd take picture of the entire office to throw him off.

A few of the ideas that made a "splash" in the office: a photoshopped picture of our department supervisor that had his face super-imposed of the QB of his favorite rival football team and the "sheep"; a new toilet plunger mixed with the part of a stuffed animal as the head.

Requirements:

- Can't be racy as this as politically conservative office.
- Cheap, the main gift limit is $10, I don't want to spend more than that, the cheaper the better.
- Must be able to finish by next Tuesday, party is Wednesday night.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
hmmmm if you know the person you are giving the white elephant to relitively well, you could make it something that would be useful to someone else but a white elephant for him. Like if he is a big fan of his college football team, get him a tshirt from one of their rivals. Or some sort of dating guide for a happily married coworker.

ssampier

First Post
I haven't decided one specific person, since we use the "stealing" rules, meaning you can choose one "white elephant". Then any person can take your white elephant and trade it for their white elephant. An item can be "traded" a maximum of 3 times.

Knowing my office, they'd give the dating guide to me, one of the two single guys. :eek:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
ssampier said:
I haven't decided one specific person, since we use the "stealing" rules, meaning you can choose one "white elephant". Then any person can take your white elephant and trade it for their white elephant, a maximum of 3 times.

Knowing my office, they'd give the dating guide to me, one of the two single guys. :eek:
ah, forget that then....

if you are ordering things from Amazon or someplace anyway, find a guide to the most obscure and bizare sport you can. "A beginner's guide to swedeish dolphin wresteling or something... :D

Cursed Quinn

First Post
My cousin gave me:

Rush, A Girl's Guide to Sororities

when i was 13. he'd given the same gift to ten other people

He gave my sister:

How to Attract A woman

When she was ten.

Best cousin ever.

ssampier

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
ah, forget that then....

if you are ordering things from Amazon or someplace anyway, find a guide to the most obscure and bizare sport you can. "A beginner's guide to swedeish dolphin wresteling or something... :D

cheese racing?

http://www.cheeseracing.org

I wonder if I can find a world's best cheese racing book ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
Might I suggest making a video tape entirely filled with comercials? Or perhaps Infomertials?

How about a few packs of Ramen Noodle Soup?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads