• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who has posted here?

Over on the WotC boards someone mentioned that it was a good place to try to contact WotC designers. I of course plugged our very own EnBoards as the premiere place to contact designers, since it seems they ALL post here. WizO_Autumn quickly put me in my place, telling me:

"WotC staff do post here, I'd like to point out. My personal opinion is that the Wheel of Time board was spoiled when Charles Ryan answered almost every question put to him and frequented the board often. Other boards and games didn't get that level of attention."

and her list of posters:

Ted (designer/manager)
Sean R. (designer)
Bruce C (designer)
Dave G. (magazine editor)
Chris T. (magazine editor)
Chris P. (designer)
James W. (designer)
Rich B. (designer/manager)
Byrt M. (now gone--but manager)
JD (designer)
Penny W (editor)
Anthony V (manager)
Jonathan T (designer)
Charles R (designer)
Jesse D. (magazines editor)
Jennifer CW (editor)
Brian C (editor)
Justin Z (manager)

Well, IMO, Horse Pockey! We get all the game designers, artists, editors, and anything else i could mention from most all companies! We even get the Avatar of RPGs, Gary Gygax!! I'd like to put together a list of notables we've had post here, and maybe a few links. Heres what I posted:

"Of course you could post at the ENboards: http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/index.php
WotC members post there all the time, as does Monte Cook, Bruce Cordell, Peter Adkison, Gary Gygax, and basically everyone in the d20 industry. Todd Lockwood posted months ago, haven't heard from him since. Off the top of my head, the head of Fiery Dragon productions has posted there, the head of AEG, the head of Sword and Sorcery, i'm sure theres quite a few that I missed. The Kenzer and Company guys were on a few days ago giving away product for a promise to review them, i got a module for 1-3rd level players. Arrived yesterday and looks pretty sweet"

So, i'd like to refute this cocky WotC moderators claims. Just who exactly has posted here from the d20 industry?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Chris Pramas posts here MORE than WotC boards...though he and Nik (Nicole) from Green Ronin posted over on the d20 boards. It's dead board though. I see MORE active on other boards than I do there.

We've had Rob Kuntz post here a couple times, the head of Troll Lord Games, PLUS we got own published and/or soon to be published guys, ranging from Ryan Nock/Ranger Wickkett and his stuff like Wild Spellcraft, to Kevin Kulp/PC, along with the heads of MEG, Doug and THG, Hal Green Berg. AND of course we get posts from Clark Peterson, our own Orcus/ head of Necromancer Games, who is, in some people's estimation, a great source of trust and go between over at WotC R&D. Scott Greene, with his site AND his book, Tome of Horrors. Trust me, WotC boards have NOTHING on the En Worlds.

Not to mention you guys treat d20 as an equal. They just treat it as a second class citizen.

Lady Dragon

First Post
I'm sure if you went through all the posts here at least 90% of anyone of any importance in the D&D and D20 industry has posted here at least once.These are the best messageboards in the industry and the writers and publishers know it.

They also know if they want to get word of a new product out this is the best free advertising they can get.

Nightfall

No kidding. :) Just look at the response Kap's generated with his post. I'm sure FFG's sales for Spells and Spellcraft jump by at least 5%-7% percent. Can only increase more with the reviews already on the site.

Crothian

First Post
I'd expect more Wizards people to post on the Wizards baord then here. But truthfully, it's better here because of all the other companies. Where else can you get Company A raving about Company B's stuff? What other industry do you even see that in?

Look in the Bluffside thread for all the brialliant people of Thunderhead Games who post here. Go over to the d20 Publishers forum and just look ay all the publishers who show up there.

It comes down to what you play. Are you really playing D&D or are you truely playing d20?:cool:

Crothian

First Post
Nightfall said:
I'm just playing myself. :D But d20 is what I enjoy. D&D...is just a small part of it.

That's the way I fill. Of all my books on;y about 25% is D&D, the rest are d20 products. So far I'm more inclinded to use the d20 rogue books then song and silence. I'm sure this will slowly spread out to all classes once other comapines get these class books published.

Nightfall

Personally I'm looking forward to picking up more generic stuff, like the Quin books (have fighter), but I'd like to see what they do with clerics, paladins and druids. These are the kinds of things people don't always expect a lot out of. Course in the Scarred Lands, it's a different situation than what you have in many other campaign or even some home brewed worlds. Still, lots has been offered and I don't doubt more will be as the d20 system and their publishers try to not only out do but out think the competition.

Ulrick

First Post
Lady Dragon said:
I'm sure if you went through all the posts here at least 90% of anyone of any importance in the D&D and D20 industry has posted here at least once....

Yep, I post here. I'm important.

:p

Ulrick

Remove ads