• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Quits

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
So the BBC have announced that Chris has quit Doctor Who already: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4395849.stm

Am I the only one that thinks that it's a bit unwise to make an announcement like this after only one episode? Theres a distinct possibility that this will turn off the mainstream viewers before the series even gets going.

Is Chris Ecclestone really in danger of typecasting? I'd have thought that his past credentials would prevent this - particularly if he has a decent agent. or could this be a ploy to force the BBC to increase his salary?

I havent seen Casanova, so I don't know what this David tennant guy is like. Any comments on this possible casting?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I dub him the new David Caruso. It seems the new show got a lot of positive press, so that sounds like a holdout for more money (isn't the BBC pretty famous for being stingy?). Don't know anything at all about this other guy, but Eddie Izzard as The Doctor? Man, that would be pretty cool. I've seen hm in a few different things and he's in no danger of being typecast in anything.

qstor

Adventurer
Paul McGann wasn't even listed as a replacement. Damm :( I think the role should have gone to him in the first place to show continuity.

Mike

takyris

First Post
So, Who quit.

-Got me.

No, man, Who quit.

-I just said I didn't know who quit!

No, the guy! He quit!

-Who?

Exactly!

-But who quit?

Yes!

-No, I want to know who quit!

That's what I just said! Who quit!

-I don't know!

Third base!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I just don't get this, you get a role of a life time, sure it has a history and is cultist but you are working, it will open doors and the world has changed, you now have DVD sales and cable TV, the chances are you would be around for 5 years!

trancejeremy

Adventurer
ddvmor said:
So the BBC have announced that Chris has quit Doctor Who already: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4395849.stm

Am I the only one that thinks that it's a bit unwise to make an announcement like this after only one episode? Theres a distinct possibility that this will turn off the mainstream viewers before the series even gets going.

Well, if it's on the BBC, they really don't need to worry about things like ratings. Since they are subsidized by the British viewer via the television tax

Templetroll

Explorer
takyris said:
So, Who quit.

-Got me.

No, man, Who quit.

-I just said I didn't know who quit!

No, the guy! He quit!

-Who?

Exactly!

-But who quit?

Yes!

-No, I want to know who quit!

That's what I just said! Who quit!

-I don't know!

Third base!

Well done! :D

I'll be happy to see new Who shows sometime soon, I'm used to the variation in who is Who. :)

Remove ads