• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Quits

cybertalus

First Post
"We'll swap Christopher Eccelston's copy of 'Fame for Dummies' with a copy of 'How to Annoy Fans for Dummies' and see what happens...."

I'd say I hope it goes to Alan Davies next, but he's already played Doctor Who, only for some reason in those episodes the Doctor chose to pretend he was from Earth and call himself "Jonathan Creek" instead. (That show was even produced by Verity Lambert, a DW veteran from the William Hartnell era, though she must've been about five years old at the time.)

Since Eccelston didn't like the tough production schedule, maybe the next guy needs to have worked in soaps. Quick, somebody start a rumor that Dirty Den is gonna be the next Doctor.

I do hope that whoever writes the contracts has the foresight to sign the next guy to a multi-year deal.

Rackhir

Explorer
cybertalus said:
I'd say I hope it goes to Alan Davies next, but he's already played Doctor Who, only for some reason in those episodes the Doctor chose to pretend he was from Earth and call himself "Jonathan Creek" instead. (That show was even produced by Verity Lambert, a DW veteran from the William Hartnell era, though she must've been about five years old at the time.)

Since Eccelston didn't like the tough production schedule, maybe the next guy needs to have worked in soaps. Quick, somebody start a rumor that Dirty Den is gonna be the next Doctor.

Dirty Den could be interesting as the Doctor, good point about Jonathan Creek as well. How about Jeff from "Coupling"? Though he left that show because he was worried about typecasting.

According to one report, Richard E Grant was also being considered. He was in "How to Succeed in Advertising", LA Story and apparently several DW projects such as a DW parody show and an animated web comic that was supposed to be a preview of a new DW project to be released back in 2003.

Dr. Who is also running periously low on regenerations. The new doctor would be the 11th? Ironically, that's the number of the Doctor that REG played in the DW parody.

Last edited:

Templetroll

Explorer
cybertalus said:
"We'll swap Christopher Eccelston's copy of 'Fame for Dummies' with a copy of 'How to Annoy Fans for Dummies' and see what happens...."

I do hope that whoever writes the contracts has the foresight to sign the next guy to a multi-year deal.

Dirty Den!! Oh, if we can get Angie for the companion that would sett he TARDIS spinning! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads