• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who was your favorite character in "Angel" (and why)

Favorite character on Angel?

• Angel

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Wesley

Votes: 70 45.5%
  • Gunn

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Fred

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Cordelia

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • Doyle

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Lorne

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Lindsay

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • The Grossaluug

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • El Diablo Robotico

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Numero Cinq

• Connor

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Kate Lockley

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Adam Baldwin (forget the character's name)

• Spike

Votes: 15 9.7%

mikedidthis

First Post
Felt pretty connected to all of the characters, and I agree with many that Wesley was probably the best defined, but I decided to vote for Lindsey. Probably because his character hinted at definite background motivations which were never really reavealed. Nice little unsolved mystery there. Kept hoping he'd re-appear. Haven't actually seen the final season yet...did he ever come back?

DonTadow

First Post
mikedidthis said:
Felt pretty connected to all of the characters, and I agree with many that Wesley was probably the best defined, but I decided to vote for Lindsey. Probably because his character hinted at definite background motivations which were never really reavealed. Nice little unsolved mystery there. Kept hoping he'd re-appear. Haven't actually seen the final season yet...did he ever come back?
As I read yoru comment I kept thinking... did this guy see the final season yet

Yes the mystery is revealed in the final season.

I voted Wesley.

But if Doyle had been around longer, he might have edged out even Wes. Of course, Doyle could have gotten worse as a character (it happens), or stagnated. In the first season I liked Doyle, but he got killed off. By the end, Wesley was the main draw.

DonTadow

First Post
mikedidthis said:
Looks like I'll be renting some DVDs
:D
I really don't want to spoil it but it's an awesome fitting to the entire thing, and the 5 or 6 episodes he did are some of the best of the season. Lindsey was a decent character. One of those guys who got caught into the mix and was used. Heck everybody in angel is used.

Tauric

First Post
Don't know why I'm even bothering to reply, since everything I was going to say has been said. (I voted Wesley).

I've read somewhere that there is going to be an Angel comic book that takes place a few months after the series end, but I don't know if I'll look for it, since Wes won't be in it.

DonTadow

First Post
Klaus said:
Or will he?

People came back in the TV series. In a comic book it's downright commonplace! :)
Joss Whedon has said that "Death is just a plot device in the buffy verse"

I've already thought of several scenerios in the buffyworld that can bring Wesley back including his contract with Wolfram and Hart (the eternal kind). Also Wesley's oneo f those well connected guys whom may have found a loophole for death or could be rescued out of it

I remember them saying some miniseries were upcoming after the serenity movie launches and whedon had more itme

DonTadow

First Post
A better quiestion would be whom is the best guest character on Angel. Most of the choices are guests and I was a bit surprised at first not to see FAith up there. She'd definatly get my vote as the best guest character. She was great on Buffy but proved that her dynamic is best fit for a darker show like Angel.

Bobitron

Explorer
Cordy for me. I loved her development as well, she made a dramatic change moreso than anyone else besides Wesley and Fred (obviously). The episode where she came out of the coma was one of the most touching moments in Buffyverse history, surpasses for me only when Ilyria pretended to be Fred for Wes at the end.

Besides, she's just so darn cute.

CC.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads