Who's that demon?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I thought ixitxachitls were just sentient evil manta rays, not demons.

Little Known Fact: Vampiric ixitxachitls can be turned with cilantro!

The_More_You_Know.jpg

B-)

The other demon lords have been named: Anthraxus (hell yeah!), Kostchtchie, Oublivae, Pazuzu, and Zuggtmoy.

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (May and Beyond)

I don't recognize any of those aside from Pazuzu. I wonder why they avoided the obvious, like Jubilix and the like.
Really? Other than Oublivae, they're all classics.

Juiblex (how they spell it these days) is pretty bland compared to most of those.

Rechan

Adventurer
I started with 3e. So "Classics" are familiar to me only to the extent they're discussed here. :p

And I'm a fan of slimes so nyah. However, I thought fungus was also in the slime portfolio. Woo fungus lady!

I started with 3e. So "Classics" are familiar to me only to the extent they're discussed here. :p

And I'm a fan of slimes so nyah. However, I thought fungus was also in the slime portfolio. Woo fungus lady!
I think they were fairly involved in 3e too. With the possible exception of Anthraxus, of course, who only obliquely got mentioned here and there. Kotschchie, Pazuzu, and Zuggtmoy all got Dragon magazine write-ups in the 3.5 era, all were in The Book of Vile Darkness and The Fiendish Codex.

Hellzon

First Post
Spoilers for Nethack and Queen of the Demonweb Pits ahoy!

[sblock=Spoilers]

Juiblex (how they spell it these days) is pretty bland compared to most of those.

I admit my soft spot for Juiblex comes mostly from his appearance in Nethack. Where he's one of the three demon lords that are slightly more interesting than "big bag of hitpoints to kill". (The other two being Orcus and Demogorgon.)

Kotschchie also gets a cameo in Queen of the Demonweb Pits. There's a big council of demon lords at the end, and he's sent an emissary. (The others are pretty big names: Lolth, Grazzt, Orcus, Yeenoghu, Baphomet and Pale Night, IIRC.)
[/sblock]

Bah. The demon lord of lubricants.

OK, maybe that isn't necessarily bland, but it's a tricky concept to work into a D&D session nonetheless.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads