Who's the Demon Lord of Disease?

Stoat

Adventurer
Another vote for Father Nurgle.

If you haven't heard of him, he's from Games Workshop's Warhammer games. You can't use the stats, but the fluff is hard to beat.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Blood for the Blood God!

I seem to have awoken some dormant feelings with that one...

For reference, should anyone want to know, the four Chaos Gods are:

Nurgle (pestilence, decay, disease)
Tzeentch (change, magic)
Khorne (war, blood)
Slaanesh (sensation, pleasure, overindulgence).

I'm sure my ENWorld colleagues can supply more details if required.

Foxen

First Post
I think you could do a lot worse than bring in Nurgle - of course, using all four Chaos Gods from Warhammer could turn the campaign in an interesting way, too.

I was actually thinking of doing that with the campaign I'm running. The kids in it all know who the Chaos Gods are....but little would they suspect me slowly slipping them into their D&D campaign... Small clues here and there, etc. I was planning some mass world shattering event in their campaign, and thanks to this thread...well, got me thinking. Mwuahahahahaha!!!!

Fox

Rechan

Adventurer
So, I'll bite: can anyone tell me what the Chaos Gods are all up on?

Gaming seems to associate "Chaos" with "Random, crazy action" or "Anti-Civilzation". But I've been told that the Chaos Gods aren't Chaotic like That.

So, can folks give a chime in?

Also, who's the demon prince of internet trolling?

Zanticor

First Post
Just go with a guy first shooting arrows of pestilence at the army and call him the god of heelers. I find that mixing in some Greek gods is usually the best way of introducing chaotic gods into a campaign. They are just so much more unpredictable, ambiguous and complex then anything D&D has come up with that I have to say that the Greek pantheon are the real demon lords. My vote is on Apollo.

Zanticor

I thought disease was somewhere under Jubilex's portfolio.

He's the Demon Lord of Ooze and Slime, but doing a little checking apparently diseases (especially pustules and similar seeping wounds) are one of his favorite manifestations and he uses diseases against his foes. So, close but not Demon Prince of Disease per se.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases