D&D General Why are so many D&D articles *garbage*?

The more you know about a complicated or esoteric subject the more you'll realize how much of the stuff written about it is garbage.

I used to be a lawyer, and the overwhelming majority of proper news articles I've ever read about court cases at least somewhat mischaracterized what was actually at issue in the court case, misunderstood the principles by which judges will come to a decision, or left out some vital piece of information that would be necessary to actually understand what was going on. And that is the work of trained journalists, sometimes on a regular legal beat, often working for the most prestigious papers.

When you look at the work of Z-grade clickbait writers you're best off just assuming everything they say is at least a little wrong (if they are completely right about something it is the work of random chance). In the case of D&D articles, because you know about the subject, you can just recognize all the wrong things.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
It was one of my first thread on ENWorld. The vast majority of popular YouTube channels about D&D are really bad. I also found very few articles worth anything. The world of blogs is really good though, I found several dozen great blogs about TTRpgs.

Oofta

Legend
Good thing we have Enworld which gives us a steady stream of good content!
Well obviously anything I post is stellar content, including this post! :unsure:

On a more serious note, I do appreciate this site because we get a variety of opinions, even if some (including mine) are half baked or even when or especially if I disagree. Reminds me that my top 10 list (number 7 will shock you!) is not everyone's top 10.

Remove ads