• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why Chris Youngs?

Richards

Legend
mhacdebhandia said:
Even the Wizards of the Coast people got this one wrong, in the "Playing Warforged" article and it's Warforged Fortification power.
[pedantry] Surely you mean "its Warforged Fortification power." [/pedantry]

Johnathan

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
Chris is a He.

And I believe I read somewhere that he had thought about changing his name for some time (likely due to reasons that are his own), and simply decided to do it when he did because he wanted Chris Youngs as the name being associated with 4e.

Wis

Wisdom Penalty said:
Chris is a He.

And I believe I read somewhere that he had thought about changing his name for some time (likely due to reasons that are his own), and simply decided to do it when he did because he wanted Chris Youngs as the name being associated with 4e.

Wis

I remember reading a post Chris wrote about this. He had been wanting to change his name for a while back to Chris Youngs (for reasons that he hasn't expanded on). Since his name was going to be on the 4E core rulebooks it finally motivated him enough to actually get off his ass and legally change his name.

Olaf the Stout

Adso

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
I remember reading a post Chris wrote about this. He had been wanting to change his name for a while back to Chris Youngs (for reasons that he hasn't expanded on). Since his name was going to be on the 4E core rulebooks it finally motivated him enough to actually get off his ass and legally change his name.

Olaf the Stout

See told you it was a vision quest. ;)

That Youngs is a spiritual dude. :area:

Orryn Emrys

Explorer
cjyoung1 said:
He wanted to be a plural version of my self??
That must be it.

I wonder... do you know you're really "arrived" when this sort of thing inspires its own thread on a worldwide community messageboard...?

Glyfair

Explorer
Olaf the Stout said:
I remember reading a post Chris wrote about this. He had been wanting to change his name for a while back to Chris Youngs (for reasons that he hasn't expanded on).
He did expand on it slightly (it's his birth name).

Actually, it's the last post for Chris Thomasson's blog (here

Chris Thomasson/Youngs said:
I've changed my last name from Thomasson to Youngs. Long story short: It was my birth name, and the one I wanted to show up in 4th Edition products, so I finally decided to get off my lazy butt and make the change. My new Gleemax page is up, although the content from this one won't be migrating for a while.

Thanks!

Chris

Wik

First Post
Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat as him. I've been wanting to change my last name for years, but never got around to doing it. Growing up, I had my "step dad's" - who is real dad in all but genetics - last name. But legally, I have my mother's.

So, at work and on taxes, and a few other places, I use my mom's last name. But everyone that knows me well uses my dad's last name. It's also, because I had the name growing up, the name on all my medical records.

Anyways, yeah, I can totally understand where Chris is coming from, and I'm glad he made the change. It's tough to do, especially if you've already made a name for yourself under a different name.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads