D&D 5E Why D&D Can't Have a Good Video Game

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
During the 4th Ed days, I was hoping for a turn-based came like X-Com, but with the current DnD rule set.

Oh well, at least I have War of the Chosen to keep me going.

I was actually thinking a tactical dungeon combat game with a story level hub based of X-Com 2 with stealth/ambush mechanics but a story puzzle element like Shadowrun Dragonfall would be pretty awesome. I am really happy with a base, mission design. However, I think I would want a the story voiced like the STARWARS the old Republic MMO because the walls of text in the very deep and long stories of the Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun games were great stories but really hurt my eyes and drained me if I played more than 20 or 30 mins because I was always squinting and reading a book. A good book, but on the computer in small print which broke immersion when it was a phone call or character conversation. … Which would be normal in a D&D 5e game. Sure a letter now and then but most of the times I want my enemies to taught me in audio. lol.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I was actually thinking a tactical dungeon combat game with a story level hub based of X-Com 2 with stealth/ambush mechanics.

D&D has never successfully replicated stealth/ambush mechanics in its original form; why should its video games stray from that storied tradition? :p

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
D&D has never successfully replicated stealth/ambush mechanics in its original form; why should its video games stray from that storied tradition? :p

Sure but X-com has a tradition of stealth and sneaking around so you if you look at as X-com D&D edition your fine! :p

gyor

Legend
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/06/baldurs-gate-3-apparently-in-the-works-with-brian-fargo/

Chris Avellone basically confirmed that BG3 is a thing. This could be huge. I'm hoping it's 5e rules and a post Sundering realms and it has ALL the FR Gods in it as selectable.

It's going to have to have a lot of player options to compete with Kingmaker and Pillars of eterinity 1&2.

I'm hoping for all the player races, subraces, Gods, and the subclasses in the SCAG, PHB (FR, Egypt, and Inhuman Pantheons), VGTM, XGTE, and MTOF.

Last edited:

Remove ads