• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why do you have a colossal...

Redcrow

First Post
I'm really not sure why my RPG collection is as big as it is. I like having lots of RPG books and various setting materials to mine for ideas, but the sheer number of books and pdfs I have its sometimes difficult to remember what I have and what I don't.

I certainly have more RPG materials than I could possibly get full use out of in a single lifetime. Maybe if I gamed 7 days a week 6 to 8 hours a day, but at my age that just isn't realistic.

In addition to all my purchased RPG materials I have about a box and a half full of handwritten notebooks and hand-drawn maps for various adventures. Some of which I've never used. Even when I'm not GMing a game (which is rare for me) I have some overwhelming compulsion to always be creating/working on something.

Collecting / Playing for over 25 years

Completist attitude with Darksun and Eberron

Completist attitude with trading cards and DDM

Versitility / options by having MANY resources to draw from

enjoyment of reading and using my imagination while using everything

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
That's what she said.

I used to have a gigantic collection, but lately (as in, last three years) I've been getting rid of the stuff I haven't actually been using anymore (as in, the last ten years). Nowadays I just have a slightly too large.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Gaming is my hobbie, it is what I do to relax and get away from the stress of my day-to-day. I enjoy readign the source books and thinking about the creation of world and dungeons, cultures and how stories are created.

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
My collection isn't colossal but is a decent-sized work in progress. At this point I'm collecting AD&D stuff and books for games that I've loved over the past 30 years of gaming.
The reasons for collecting are:
1] Nostalgia
2] Research for the creation of my own game rules and campaign materials
3] A desire to get back to playing simpler, less rule-intensive games

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Gaming is my hobbie, it is what I do to relax and get away from the stress of my day-to-day. I enjoy readign the source books and thinking about the creation of world and dungeons, cultures and how stories are created.

Pretty much this, but also because I like being a resource for people who are looking for information about a particular D&D product....

well, I used to have a colossal AD&D collection of 1E and 2E stuff... but after I stopped playing/writing, it just got to be a hassle to move all that stuff every time I got transferred to another town... so I ended up tossing bits and pieces of it each time until today, I only have a handful of stuff left...

noffham

Explorer
As many others have said, I've been playing forever, (D&D since 1974 and wargaming before that). And I seldom toss anything gaming related.

Now I spend as much time reading and idea mining as I do actual playing. It's my hobby/avocation.

Remove ads