D&D General Why do you play non-human races?

MarkB

Legend
I tend to first pick what class I'm going to play, with a view to what I'm interested in playing and how they'll fit into the rest of the party, and then pick a race to fit the class.

Not because I view races as interchangeable bags of stats and abilities, but because coming up with a backstory and worldview for a particular character concept is something I've never found difficult - so I'm generally just as happy to flesh out those details afterwards, rather than beginning from them.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Very simple.

I'm a human every day.

In a fantasy world of magic and heroics, I really don't see a need to be what I am every day.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I have exceptional players. If you don't set the bar high, you're enabling slackness.
Huh, really. I was talking about roleplaying in general, not any particular set of players or specific campaigns my own or otherwise. Feel free to provide even a hint of evidence for that strongly worded declarative statement though. I'd accept specific references to any game I've run with any group of players. Have at it sir, I eagerly await your intense and well supported disapprobation of my GMing.

Huh, really. I was talking about roleplaying in general, not any particular set of players or specific campaigns my own or otherwise. Feel free to provide even a hint of evidence for that strongly worded declarative statement though. I'd accept specific references to any game I've run with any group of players. Have at it sir, I eagerly await your intense and well supported disapprobation of my GMing.

Well, your shortcoming is that you think everything is about you, when clearly the standard that the universe is measured against is obviously me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases