D&D 5E why has none of the wisdom races caught on?

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Okay. What races were you referring to then? Like I said, the probable ones are tieflings and dragonborn, but we both know that assuming things is unwise.
yes, tieflings and dragonborn.

There's no Wisdom race because the Traditional 4 races and Traditional 3 add on races are not wisdom race.
And the only races we managed to add to the game since 1978 aren't wisdom races either.

And the front runners for 6e if it adds core races (Orcs, Goliaths/HalfGiant, Warforged, Goblinoids, Kobolds, Lizardfolk) aren't Wis races either

Horwath

Legend
Good thing that we will not have this problem for long as 2024 "streamlining" will be with all races having floating 3 or 4 bonus points to allocate to any ability that you want. With probably of +2 limit to single score.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Good thing that we will not have this problem for long as 2024 "streamlining" will be with all races having floating 3 or 4 bonus points to allocate to any ability that you want. With probably of +2 limit to single score.
we still have the problem of thematic with classes that lack a go-to race these are cleric, monk and druid as we are never getting a psion.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
To me, a half dwarf is tking the human's 6 ability score +1s and putting them in the dwarfy spots.

+2 STR
+2 CON
+2 WIS
30 foot speed
Normal vision
Medium Size
Common and Dwarven language
Ignores first level of exhaustion
Bald
Three +2’s seems a little OP to me, personally I’d let them choose between STR, CON and WIS all with a +1 or a +2 and +1 assigned between the three

Advantage on CON and WIS saving throws?

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Three +2’s seems a little OP to me, personally I’d let them choose between STR, CON and WIS all with a +1 or a +2 and +1 assigned between the three

Advantage on CON and WIS saving throws?

I think if they go back to using negatives, I can see 3 +2s and 1 -2 for mul. With STR/CON/WIS being the suggested positive and either DEX or CHA being the suggested negative.

Half Dwarves are stock balls of muscle. The Muls, due to their social class in DS, would have to be very observant to survive.

First, maybe elves may have +2 Perception instead of +2 Dex. Great archer with keen senses that can stare through the soul of men. (In a system with fixed stat bonus, that is)

A race with many eyes, like some kind of spider-kin? Or eagle-folk.

Or a race of half-celestial or Inevitable created to watch over mankind or the order of the world.

A race from a word plagued with shapechangers and dopplegangers, where spotting the tell of treachery if a matter of life and death.

Just throwing some stuff, see what sticks.
You give aasimars a +2 Wis instead of Cha. Instead of playing up their beauty and distinctiveness, have their appearance be the same as the race they live among. Instead, emphasize their role in guiding others, and give them a +2 Wis.

Horwath

Legend
The same way half-elves are a Cha race. While you can say that half-elves are born diplomats, you can say that muls are really zen about the “child of two worlds” thing.
yeah, half elves never worked for me as Cha race.

They should have +1 Dex(from elves) and +1 to 3 abilities(from humans). Same as half orcs, but +1 STR instead of DEX.

Half dwarves should have +1 CON and +1 to 3 stats

Remove ads