• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why hasn't anyone mentioned this yet? (3.5)

Please feel free to use this thread to post any interesting rules changes that, as far as you know, no one else has commented on.

-------------------------------

So, taken a look at the new Hydra yet?

If you haven't, a quick summary:

1) Attacking a head provokes an AoO, unless you have Improved Sunder.

2) Not attacking the heads is a poor option at best, since the body now has Fast Healing = 10 + # heads. That's a lot of healing.

3) Notice that the Laernean Hydra write-up is gone? That's because the two-heads-for-one power is now standard on all hydra models.

4) And on top of it all, observe that they haven't changed the CR of the monster.

... Not that I'm complaining - I'm, in fact, seriously impressed. Kewl monster. But calling it a major change is an understatement.

Christian Walker

First Post
Charisma-based Feint. Still?!

I do not understand why Feint is still related to Charisma. Weird. I would think that trying to fake out an opponent would be tied to body language and sword play - Dex skills if you ask me.

rounser

First Post
trying to fake out an opponent would be tied to body language and sword play - Dex skills if you ask me.
I would have thought that body language is definitely charisma, in fact, charisma-central. You're not dodging a blow, you're trying to fool someone - I guess it matters less how fluidly you do it so long as they believe you. Fair enough that that's charisma, IMO.

...and the designers saw an opening to make the score more relevant to combat, perhaps. :)

Emiricol

Intimidate is still a CHA-based skill. I'd hoped they would make it either CHA or STR, player's choice.

IMHO, a bonus of some significance for a high STR should have been added at the very least, as a special mod.

=================

I also don't mind Feint being based on CHA (through the Bluff skill). But a high Dex mod similar to what I'd like for Intimidate with STR would have been nice.

Back on topic, Feint is now listed under Combat nice and clearly, rathere than merely buried under the skill description.

Iced Tea

First Post
any way back to waht the post what roughly based on :p , yeah i was looking at the hydras and like, GOD DANG!!! then like, hmmm they will be nice to use against my players...yes..yes...mwuhahahahhahahhahahahhahhahahahahahahahhahahahah..cough**cough..erm...just stop typing and they wont notice a thing.....................................................................

reapersaurus

Explorer
So they didn't fix the Fighter being being vulnerable to a Feint combat maneuver/skill?

Good thing the fighter is the king of combat - all that dedicated training certainly covers typical combat tactics :rolleyes:

Olive

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
So they didn't fix the Fighter being being vulnerable to a Feint combat maneuver/skill?

Good thing the fighter is the king of combat - all that dedicated training certainly covers typical combat tactics :rolleyes:

except they did. You now add BAB to your sense motive check against feints.

Christian Walker

First Post
Here's Another

The kukri is now a martial weapon, instead of an exotic weapon. Take the Improved Critical feat, and that is one nasty shiv. I am pleased.

Get your gats, be a man!
Vengeance with a shiv!
Jam out, jam out, visualize th'win
On liberty or death.

Remove ads