• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why hasn't anyone mentioned this yet? (3.5)

Emiricol

Regarding feinting, I like the idea of an opposed BAB+Dex check.

However, we should keep in mind that a round is 6 seconds, and the attack roll is an abstraction of what happens throughout the round. We're not talking about the numerous feints, parries, thrusts and counterthrusts that go on in combat; we're talking about setting a foe up for a sigificant, SINGLE "feint".

My thinking so far is that the bluff-based Feint maneuver is on a different order of magnitude than the constant feinting that goes on throughout the round, the latter being addressed abstractly through BAB.

the Jester

Legend
Emiricol said:
Intimidate is still a CHA-based skill. I'd hoped they would make it either CHA or STR, player's choice.

IMHO, a bonus of some significance for a high STR should have been added at the very least, as a special mod.

=================

I also don't mind Feint being based on CHA (through the Bluff skill). But a high Dex mod similar to what I'd like for Intimidate with STR would have been nice.

Back on topic, Feint is now listed under Combat nice and clearly, rathere than merely buried under the skill description.

Well, I'm all for both Intimidate and Feint working off Cha- to me, the difference is between being able to use Intimidate to get what you want and being scary-looking.

I've considered giving a +2 synergy bonus to Intimidate for characters with a Str bonus of at least +5. But that seems to potentially open a whole can of worms...

Emiricol

Good points. I think I'd be more lenient. If I were to house rule this, I might just add the PC's Str mod as a synnergy bonus to the normal intimidate check, and maybe the NPC's Str mod as a negative modifier as well. Hm... Needs to cook a bit longer I think...

Remove ads