• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why hasn't anyone mentioned this yet? (3.5)

Angcuru

First Post
Your group pays attention to weight? Is your DM a control freak or something?

j/k

Well, that's a good change. I also think that they should make the lift/carry limits a little more realistic. I have never heard of anyone being able to lift 400 LBS above their heads. EVER. EVER. EVER! Not even at them World's Strongest Man Competitions

Last edited:

Amal Shukup

First Post
I have never heard of anyone being able to lift 400 LBS above their heads. EVER. EVER. EVER! Not even at them World's Strongest Man Competitions [/B]

Personally, I find hefting GROCERIES to be a pain, but...

Hossein Reza Zadeh's World Record in the 'Clean and Jerk' is 580 Pounds. Almost 23 Strength...

The women's record is a hair under 370 pounds...

Amal

Someone

Adventurer
Anyone noticed that you can make listen checks with a -10 penalty while asleep?

The rogue IMC is better sentinel while sleeping than the rest of the party.

Bleys

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Why hasn't anyone mentioned this yet? (3.5)

Vocenoctum said:

The creature is still just one creature, so it gets one AoO for one Provocation.
It does have Combat Reflexes IIRC, so if you sundered a couple heads, it'd get one for each I think.

Well, to me it's a bit of a grey area based on the wording in the Hydra's info... it says "A hydra's Combat Reflexes feat allows it to use all its heads for attacks of opportunity." Where I think there's ambiguity (and this is the same wording they had in 3E) is that you could interpret this in two ways:

i) A hydra can make a number of AoO, per round, equal to the number of heads it has, but only use each head once (i.e. replace Dex bonus with # of heads)

ii) A hydra can use all of its heads every time it makes an AoO

My guess is that if it's brought up to WotC it'll show up in the FAQ ;)

Wombat

First Post
Mourn said:

This opens up a big can of worms, though, because then you have to go through each individual skill and set up instances that it would work with different ability scores...

That's actually what my gaming group does. We have gone the **shudder** White Wolf path of disconnecting skills from particular stats. We collectively decide, on a case by case basis, what would be the most appropriate stat to us.

Okay, there aren't too many cases where Craft + Charisma is used, but it DID happen once!

So Intimidate, depending on how you play it, can now be based on STR or CHA (the two most common, although there was a great Intellectual Bully who used INT + Intimidate to cow opponents...).

Aaron L

Hero
drothgery said:
Anyone notice that the weight of a Greatsword has been cut in half, dropping from the loony 15 lbs to an only slightly unrealistic 8 lbs?

Actually, this has me tickled. Look it up, and you'll find that 8 lbs is a fine real world weight for a two handed sword. Two bladed swords are now 10 lbs, which is completely acceptable to me as well.

youspoonybard

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Enlarge Person

MeepoTheMighty said:

Pertaining to Animal Growth:

It was better in 3.0 when it doubled the animal's HD.

My party learned that the hard way...

But casting it on yourself still makes it very useful.

Ark

First Post
Now they actually say that you can make a reflex save against a fireball even if you don't know it is coming(I belive it were never discussed about before) :( ... At least now you can't evade a fireball if you don't have enough room to escape (though you still can make a save for half) :confused:

Cedric

First Post
Anyone notice that the weight of a Greatsword has been cut in half, dropping from the loony 15 lbs to an only slightly unrealistic 8 lbs?

See...now that right there has me happy. 15 lbs. is so ridiculously heavy for a two handed sword as to be unbelievable.

Even 8 lbs. is a bit too heavy, but I can live with that...the 15 lbs. was just driving me nuts though.

A well made two handed sword should run about 8 lbs. at most...but 5-6 lbs would be much more reasonable. For that matter, a well made one could weigh as little as 3.5 lbs.

I guess that would depend on how long a Greatsword is supposed to be though. Most two handed swords are in the 48-56inch long neighborhood....but maybe they are thinking of something much longer, like 60 inches+.

Cedric

Remove ads