• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why hasn't anyone mentioned this yet? (3.5)

HeavyG

First Post
If you are fighting in a restrained area (i.e. most of the time), you also take up a 10' wide space, so it may divide the firepower the party can bring to bear by two.

Iced Tea

First Post
I think people are getting charisma mixed up with comliness and other things. charisma is your ability to interact with other people. it measures how forceful of a personality you have, how well you interact with people, and what not. Charisma fits for feint because feint is a bluff check. dex wouldnt work because, unless you took a feat, dex doesnt even have to do with attacking in melee. and like it was stated before, a big strong person doesnt necesarrily have a powerful personality and can easily be bullied by a little person. However, that big person woudl get bonuses when trying to intimidate someone else. IMO, i think they shoudl never have gotten rid of comliness.

Iced Tea

First Post
7thlvlDM said:
IMO, feint should be INT or WIS. It has nothing to do with Charisma, or even Strength.

-7th

Int just allows you to get more skill points in feint. you might as well get rid of charisma helping any skill at all because a smart person should be able to do it better, (for somereason this post is really irking me)

In reality, a smart person can know all the tricks to pick a girl up, but when the smart person goes to pick up a girl, he gets all flustered and cant speak. and feint is a bluff skill for christ's sake. Wis is the counter of a charisma score. it allows you to interpret what someone means or is trying to do. Meh i dont care anymore.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
So enlarge person gives you 2-3 extra attacks.

Lets compare it with another first level spell, magic missile.

Lets change magic missile so it doesn't work in any restricted area.

Lets also change it so that you need a normal attack roll to hit with each missile, but that you can cast it using the attack roll of someone else in the party

Lets also change it so that the AC of the guy who donates his attack roll becomes worse by 2 points.

Lets also change it so the damage occurs over the course of a couple of rounds.

Finally, lets change it so that you only get to use it if your opponent makes a minor tactical blunder, like rushing OUT of combat (because chances are by the time you cast this, the guy you cast it on is already in melee) and then rushing back in.

Now - what sort of damage should this new magic missile do? Personally, I'd say a few d12's plus the strength of the person who's giving the attack bonus is probably not unfair.

Ondo

First Post
I don't think anyone mentioned this yet...

The Paladin's Lay on Hands ability is now supernatural, instead of spell-like. So it no longer provokes attacks of opportunity.

Last edited:

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
The really big question I have is this: does attempting a sunder on a head provoke a single AoO from the hydra or an AoO from every head (essentially giving the hydra a free full attack on you)?

Savage Wombat said:

So, taken a look at the new Hydra yet?

If you haven't, a quick summary:

1) Attacking a head provokes an AoO, unless you have Improved Sunder.

2) Not attacking the heads is a poor option at best, since the body now has Fast Healing = 10 + # heads. That's a lot of healing.

3) Notice that the Laernean Hydra write-up is gone? That's because the two-heads-for-one power is now standard on all hydra models.

4) And on top of it all, observe that they haven't changed the CR of the monster.

... Not that I'm complaining - I'm, in fact, seriously impressed. Kewl monster. But calling it a major change is an understatement.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Re: Re: Why hasn't anyone mentioned this yet? (3.5)

Elder-Basilisk said:
The really big question I have is this: does attempting a sunder on a head provoke a single AoO from the hydra or an AoO from every head (essentially giving the hydra a free full attack on you)?

The creature is still just one creature, so it gets one AoO for one Provocation.
It does have Combat Reflexes IIRC, so if you sundered a couple heads, it'd get one for each I think.

drothgery

First Post
Anyone notice that the weight of a Greatsword has been cut in half, dropping from the loony 15 lbs to an only slightly unrealistic 8 lbs?

Emiricol

Darklone said:

I am not so much worried about the polearm dude with CR, Imp Trip and stuff who uses that spell... it's more about the dwarven warrior with shield and waraxe. He still has a fine AC and this is for him just a nice possibility to negate the ogres reach :D

Reminds me of the cheap carnival episode on the Simpsons. "Behold, the giant Dwarf!"

:D

Remove ads