Why is EN World so slow?

AeroDm

First Post
Any updates on the speed issues? We're about 5+ weeks past the upgrade and I still get modest lags on any page change. I checked Alexa and it has enworld around the 40th percentile for speed whereas giantitp is around 75th percentile (and I believe handles a larger volume of posts). I get that enworld has a lot of features, but I think the core feature is the ability to participate in threads and that is what the lag hurts the most.

RedTonic

First Post
I very often have problems with ENworld failing to load at all. I also have pretty good broadband at home, as well as a T3 connection when I'm up in Boston.

On the up side, it keeps me from posting silly (of the unfunny sort) things, so it's not all bad for me. Still, I would like to be able to open up the SH forum without reloading four or five times every other attempt.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I very often have problems with ENworld failing to load at all. I also have pretty good broadband at home, as well as a T3 connection when I'm up in Boston.

On the up side, it keeps me from posting silly (of the unfunny sort) things, so it's not all bad for me. Still, I would like to be able to open up the SH forum without reloading four or five times every other attempt.
No silly for you!

Alan Shutko

Explorer
I'm thinking it might be CPU or DB related.

I did some surfing with Charles installed (a web proxy that can log sessions for debugging). Almost all images, etc came back with very little latency. On the other hand, text/html responses came back with a 3.5-14 second delay. Since images were fast, and the content seemed to be fast once data started streaming back, it makes sense that it's in the forum software.

Attached is a CSV file (with a .txt extension so I could upload it) with the quick session. If this kind of information is useful, I could log it during a longer session.

Attachments

• enworld.txt
    22.4 KB · Views: 169

Remove ads