why no Warforged

Killoth

First Post
I asked my DM about playing a warforged a wail back and he said they are not allowed in AL I let this go but it has been a curiosity to me. can anyone tell me why the Warforged are restricted from the AL

kalani

First Post
There are two reasons why this is the case:

1) Warforged are not included as an Allowed Rules Source for any story origin.
2) Unearthed Arcana articles are never allowed in AL, as these articles represent works-in-progress that have not been fully tested or balanced.

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
Also, one might assume that since warforged (one of my personal favorites) are "officially" specific to Eberron, their inclusion likely awaits the roll-out of supplements related to that game world.

The announcement that the next world to be so explored is Ravenloft gives hope that Eberron may yet come up on the list.

I hope, in the meantime, that you have a home brew campaign in which you can play one.

Killoth

First Post
There are two reasons why this is the case:

1) Warforged are not included as an Allowed Rules Source for any story origin.
2) Unearthed Arcana articles are never allowed in AL, as these articles represent works-in-progress that have not been fully tested or balanced.
thanks for clearing that up for me any chance that they will become available in the future?

Its hard to say. It require them to be published in a final form in a product that could be used in the Forgotten Realms. Not knowing WOTC's product schedule plans, I can't give a definitive answer.

Dracoprimus

First Post
Unearthed Arcana material is essentially playtest ideas. At best, once they get feedback about a particular article, if they like the feedback, expect a good amount of internal playtesting THEN look for a product to include the feature. Again, that's best case scenario.

warfteiner

First Post
At this time we do not have plans to use the Warforged race in any D&D Adventurers League content. But who knows, things may change some day... I mean, hey, we've got Ravenloft now! :)

(maaaaan, I went like 18 months without seeing a "warforged in Forgotten Realms" thread... haha)

Remove ads