• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why spellcasters need to rest to gain back spells

ARandomGod

First Post
Gez said:
(That also explains why you can't heal naturally after a day you have cast spells.)

Wait... Is that actually in the rules as written?

Oh, and I like the life force flavor. I've seen it in litereature before, and I like the flavor.

ARandomGod

First Post
Ferret said:
I really like the explanation!.

I like it too. The "taint" is a good flavor, with possible additional mechanics assignable to it, IE "The Wheel of Time" and taint associated with using sa'din. Of course, that's just extra availability. I once saw a magical disease that the GM tried to work out a good system for, and this would have been a great and simple way.

It's a good explanation, and it's easy to figure out how much is regained, and I don't see any problem with a caster filling back up with some rest after an exertion that morning.

Ferret

Explorer
I'm not sure if I like the mechanics part though.... It looks good but not too easy to work out what spells are regained first. :confused:

Gez

First Post
ARandomGod said:
Wait... Is that actually in the rules as written?

Not at all. That's why I said IMC at the beginning of my post.

The rule is there (IIRC, at least in 3.0), but with no other explanations than "it's exhausting to practice magic".

What I've decided to adopt was after having tried to make sense out of all the conflicting infos on undead, positive energy, negative energy, spellcasting, and all these things.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads