Why We Should Work With WotC

Yeah, there's still time for them to pivot to a mobile gatcha.
Don't give them ideas!

Seriously though I cannot imagine how... excited... some designers/marketers would be at the possibility of putting lootboxes into a game associated with treasure chests.

I feel like an Eric's Grandma Inappropriate Archer reference could be made here.

mamba

Legend
By year 8-10 you are only left with "Snakes on a Plane" and Niche products. And that stuff cannot compete with big 3PP stuff.
why not, the 3pps have to come up with new stuff as they do not have TSR’s back catalog, WotC can do the same.

Also, Planescape, Dark Sun, dozens of adventures that could be revisited and expanded like Curse of Strahd was, or just revisited like GoS and TftYP

raniE

Adventurer
for this to be true, they have to collapse in the next few weeks. That will not happen
Not true at all. WotC says they deauthorize the OGL 1.0a. Ok. I don't recognize their legal ability to do that. To me, that statement means as much as them saying "we, Hasbro, are now the emperor of Canada". So, when Hasbro goes down, you just keep publishing under the OGL 1.0a. Hasbro is dead, they can't sue you, and no one else recognizes that they had the legal ability to deauthorize the OGL 1.0a.

Ashtagon

Adventurer
Realistically, One DnD could be a total flop that takes the entirety of WotC down with it. But Hasbro will live on. The worst case scenario is that D&D and all associated IP gets placed in Hasbro's vault of dead IP --- which is actually quite vast. Hasbro is well known to sit on a lot of dead IP that it does not try to market. One more won't make much difference to them. Sure, they'd rather have it profitable, but they would be content to simply vault it up rather than sell it to someone who would use it.

Remove ads