Critical Role Wildemount has new subraces and reprints a ton of others

gyor

Legend
how? They had a ton of races in the FRCS back in the day that aren’t core. This is evidence that Mercer has allowed people to pull from various D&D supplements to build characters and that they want the material in one place. It’s no different than Mordenkainen and Out of the Abyss both having Demon Lord stats.

Its not just Wildemount, its the broader trend, if a race keeps popping up in books, multiple settings its a sign that its a core race. Goblins were a core race for most MtG settings, so now that they are getting the D&D treatment it makes sense to add them to the PHB, especially since they are playable in Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Exandia, and other more traditional D&D settings. I'd also add Aasimar and Genasi to the PHB.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I wish in the next PHB (lets say for an eventual 5e: Game of the Year Edition) they would divise the races as such instead of common/uncommon:

Prime Cultures
Monstrous Cultures
Planetouched Cultures (no grid filling: just add a note that a tiefling could also be a Fey'ri or a Tanharuk, for example)

gyor

Legend
I wish in the next PHB (lets say for an eventual 5e: Game of the Year Edition) they would divise the races as such instead of common/uncommon:

Prime Cultures
Monstrous Cultures
Planetouched Cultures (no grid filling: just add a note that a tiefling could also be a Fey'ri or a Tanharuk, for example)

I've been thinking for awhile that they should do an expanded edition of the PHB, not 5.5e exactly, but more add a few more core races to it, the the subclasses from XGTE, and a few more things.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
+1 wisdom
cast druidcraft, at 3rd level entangle 1/day, at 5th spike growth 1/day
Tracking the halfling is at disadvantage, can ignore difficult terrain for non-magical plants and undergrowth.

Hmm... definitely NOT what I was expecting from their subrace’s name.

Remove ads