Critical Role Wildemount has new subraces and reprints a ton of others

Longspeak

Adventurer
This reminds me.

Eliminate "half-" races and just call all of them humans.
I've made a habit of calling Half-Elves "Elfkin" and Half-Orcs "Orcs" (from a human POV) or "half-bloods" (from the Orc POV). Can't use "Orckin" because then everyone will ask them to exterminate their termites and such.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
What is this?
Critical Role uses a slightly modified version of the Dawn War Pantheon as appearing in the 4e Core Rules for the Points of Light/Nentir Vale/Conquest of Nerath meta-setting.

Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting for 5e (from Green Ronin) didn't give the deities any names, only mythic sounding titles like Eberron uses, in order to avoid copyright infringement. They DID include Sarae/Rae, however, who is unique to the setting's pantheon of major divinities.

Explorer's Guide to Wildemount uses the proper Dawn War Pantheon names as appearing in the Dungeon Master's Guide, but has their own suggested Domains since (a) splat marches on and (b) it's a unique setting and the DW Pantheon was only in there to give ideas on how YOU the DM might homebrew your own Pantheon. The book INCLUDES Rae, and is a slight rejiggering of past understood lore about the Exandria-unique divinity.

EDIT: not unique to Exandria, see Chaosmancer's response below. I humbly appologise for my lack of Pathfinder knowledge.

Last edited:

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
All in the PHB:
- Split the races in 3 definite sections: prime, monstruous and planetouched, with notes that the non-prime are exotic and rare and require the ok from the dm.
We already know from feats and multiclassing what happens when you put "optional" player options in the PHB. Players assume they're available by default and act as if their human rights are being denied if the DM says otherwise.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Maybe the no-core PC races could be in the Monster Manual.

4e did that reasonably effectively (if unsupported by splat content), and VGtM and MToF follow that concept (additional monster folios that also include new player race options). I'd be cool with that in 6e, since MM is Core.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Critical Role uses a slightly modified version of the Dawn War Pantheon as appearing in the 4e Core Rules for the Points of Light/Nentir Vale/Conquest of Nerath meta-setting.

Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting for 5e (from Green Ronin) didn't give the deities any names, only mythic sounding titles like Eberron uses, in order to avoid copyright infringement. They DID include Sarae/Rae, however, who is unique to the setting's pantheon of major divinities.

Minor clarification. Saranrae is a diety from Pathfinder, and they are keeping most of her major theme from that game, where she was betrayed by Asmodeus during the conflict between the gods.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Minor clarification. Saranrae is a diety from Pathfinder, and they are keeping most of her major theme from that game, where she was betrayed by Asmodeus during the conflict between the gods.

Ah, see, I never played Pathfinder, and only know a bit about Critical Role, so sorry for my mistakes! :)

Remove ads