• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wilderlands Players Guide

Treebore

First Post
Adventure Games Publishing has reached an agreement with Necromancer Games and Judges Guild to print a new Players Guide. AGP will be publishing the material differently. However it will be published under 3.5, C&C, and possibly even 4E depending on the GSL terms. AGP will also be adding a table of contents and may even make an index available as a free download.
Plus errors will be fixed and content will likely be altered/expanded a bit. These will NOT be multi stat books. There will be a 3.5 run and a separate C&C run, and another for 4E if that happens.

As to how it will be published "differently", AGP looks to publish it in more than one booklet, each of about 48 pages, and divided by content. IE one booklet will contain the deity info, the other stuff the players would use to decide on races, classes, PrC's, etc...

However this isn't definite, AGP has things to look into and more decisions to make before they can make definite decisions on how it will be published.

For those of you who have seen AGP's C&C products we already know this is going to be awesome.

Edit: I am in no way affiliated with AGP, I am only a subscriber (#027 in fact).

Korgoth

First Post
I thought that if you published OGL products you were not allowed to publish GSL products, and vice versa. Or am I totally offbase on that?

No one outside WotC has seen the GSL yet, so we don't know. There are rumours about it, but they have not yet been conclusively confirmed or denied.

S'mon

Legend
Sounds good - I have the 3e Players' Guide, which is excellent, but I use C&C so I might well get the C&C version if the price is reasonable for 48 pp.

Treebore

First Post
Korgoth said:
I thought that if you published OGL products you were not allowed to publish GSL products, and vice versa. Or am I totally offbase on that?

From what I have read about the GSL there will be no 4E version. AGP's bread is buttered by 3E and the OGL.

Or, Necromancer/Paizo will publish a 4E version. They are separate companies. That should be a nice way around the GSL baloney. In fact the discussion in Clark Petersons (Orcus) thread indicates this is a very viable way to do things to get around the GSL. The GSL can only control THE company doing 4E, not sister companies, even if owned by the same person. Companies are legally separate entities and there is no way WOTC is going to be able (allowed?) to change that by controlling one company through another.

Treebore

First Post
Yep, Necromancer even had permission before Bob died today to do Tegal Manor in 4E.

AGP also posted a couple of hours ago that it looks like there will not be a 4E version. Still subject to change pending clarifications from WOTC about the GSL.

Akrasia

Procrastinator
It's good to see that the PG will be available again.

However, I thought that the C&C version of the Wildlerands was "The Wilderlands of High Adventure", which differs in many respects from the 3e version? Why the further muddying of waters between the two lines?

Treebore

First Post
Akrasia said:
It's good to see that the PG will be available again.

However, I thought that the C&C version of the Wildlerands was "The Wilderlands of High Adventure", which differs in many respects from the 3e version? Why the further muddying of waters between the two lines?

I would presume doing 3E was required as part of the agreement with Necromancer, as a service to those staying 3E, which seems to be about a 1/3 of board goers. There may be a 4E version too. Plus he is doing a C&C version. So as long as people from each system buy, AGP, NEcromancer, JG, and fans win all around.

Remove ads