• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Will 4E be the PS3 of D&D?

borc killer

First Post
Scott_Holst said:
Hi-

A thought accured to me when I was shopping around for games for my PS2, they are still making them and PS3 seems to be sliding further and further down the road of obscurity. And Sony is the big kauna of Vidio games ya know.

So, will this happen to 4E? IE it gets published but it turns out to be like PS3 a minor blip or the gamer list?

Scott

Nice job! Getting two groups of rabid fan boys riled up in one post! You need to get WoW in there somehow hehehe.

Will it be the PS3 of the Video Gaming world? No, I think it will be closer to D&D3.5 of the Pen & Paper world. The people that want the latest and greatest will buy it and the people that don’t wont. *shrug*

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Mystery Man said:
You might say 3 was, and 3.5 was XP. If 4E is anything like Vista, we're in deep doodoo. :confused:

You can say that again. None of my pencils will work in 4e, and I'll only be able to talk slowly!

Mystery Man

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
You can say that again. None of my pencils will work in 4e, and I'll only be able to talk slowly!

You'll need to upgrade your pencil drivers, unfortunately they don't support pencil 1.0 and the manufacturer won't be releasing new firmware. You're going to have to buy a whole new pencil.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Slife said:
My conclusion from this discussion:
4e is going to be very videogamey!

Does that mean that the DM will finally have to accept it when I say "I save the game and then attack him!" And I will be able to load the old savegame when Joe "Legendary Archmage" obliterates me? :p

Cthulhudrew

First Post
DonTadow said:
Because it sounds like a silly question. This isnot a computer game (xbox and ps3 are gaming machines). This is a database and mapping application. It uses the highend capabiblities of windows vista.

It isn't a computer game, no, but from what I've seen thus far of the functionality of the Virtual Tabletop, it certainly seems like something that could as easily be ported to a console as on a PC.

XBox and the PS3 are not just "gaming machines". They are designed to be multimedia platforms- that's why they handle so many things like playing DVDs, CDs, have keyboards and hard drives, etc. (FWIW, I hardly use my PS2 for gaming- I mostly use it to play music and dvds.)

So color me as one not thinking it's a silly question.

Remove ads