• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will Arnett to voice the new KITT

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
trancejeremy said:
Hah, that's like when you see "I'm a lifelong ______, but I'm voting for the other party's candidate" :p
Let me put it this way I like Ford's so much I still drive the very first truck I ever bought, an 84 F250 4x4. Even though I could buy newer, I just don't want to. I love my old ratty Ford truck that can total a Prism that pulls across a redlight and only ding the bumper a little.

My father drives only Ford's my uncle drove only Fords my grandfather drove only Fords. We stick with em because they last like nothing else and they have the best chassis. Or at least they used to, I don't think anything new lasts very well. No I take it back my nephew has a 2000 Ranger work model and that little beast is no trouble at all.

Ranger REG

Explorer
trancejeremy said:
But obviously Ford paid a lot of money to that show.
But does Ford also have creative control? If there is a series, will we see the original KITT, which is not a Ford vehicle?

As for the movie, the story is weak, and they fell into the trap of having ex-bf/gf element on the show. The girl should have died or be killed. And who is that weasally mechanic?

Good to see the new KITT, a Ford Shelby Mustang. Also good to see a retrofitted C-130 instead of a tractor-trailer for KITT's mobile garage.

After hearing Val, I'd rather have the grisly voice of Arnett's from the promos.

Okay, I guess this once again proves I'm a "liker" - I was certainly entertained by the pilot. I am not sure if it will work out in the long run, but I think it wasn't that bad.

I am not sure I like the "transforming" KITT, but then, even the old one had such features (Super Pursuit Mode only). Nanotech is definitely the tech of the TV future. :)

We watched the first hour, but decided it was poop after the first 30 minutes. Which is sad, because my wife & I were both fans of the original show.

My wife's first comment: "KITT is NOT a Mustang!"

You could definitely tell Ford had paid for the product placements ... as every vehicle you saw had a blue oval.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
I am not sure I like the "transforming" KITT, but then, even the old one had such features (Super Pursuit Mode only). Nanotech is definitely the tech of the TV future. :)
I really happen to like the transformation feature. The only thing I don't like is that the computer has be turned on for the bulletproffing to work. The original car was not like that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads