• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will Arnett to voice the new KITT

Ranger REG

Explorer
Henry said:
I liked it, myself. Val Kilmer as KITT was sufficiently soothing and creepy at the same time. :) As a friend put it, he used the "Batman" voice for it.
Sounds more like his Bruce Wayne persona. Never did liked him in that film.

He should have used the voice when he did CBS Lonesome Dove: Commanche Moon mini-series. "Bible and Sword!"

Henry said:
I liked it, myself. Val Kilmer as KITT was sufficiently soothing and creepy at the same time. :) As a friend put it, he used the "Batman" voice for it. Perfect for an AI who sometimes performs some rather amoral actions to get the job done.

EDIT: I also just found out that Knight Rider picked up a 5.0 share, and made the highest rating for a TV movie in three years, meaning it looks good for them for a series pickup.
Interesting. Looks as if people really remember the KR-TOS (Knight Rider - The Original Series) fondly.

And let's be honest, there are too little series at this time that feature cars with character. I mean, we had series like Dukes of Hazzard, Sting Ray, Magnum PI, Hart to Hart, A-Team, Viper, The Fall Guy, Knight Rider. All of them featured a prominent car (not all of them as the "main" character, but each of them was pretty noteworthy). But what do we have today? Nip/Tuck? House? Desperate Housewives? Heroes? None of the shows have a cool car! Where did all the awesome car chases go?

Cthulhudrew

First Post
That was pretty awful, I thought. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. It felt like a student film. The primary actors were clearly trying their best, but just didn't seem to have much talent (with the exception of Sydney-Tamia Poitier, whose scenes looked like they were tacked on at the last minute, and from what I've read probably were- she seems to be a last second addition to the cast). Val Kilmer and just about every other actor on the show seemed like they were phoning their parts in- even Chris Mulkey, who played the sheriff that STP's FBI agent talked to. He may not be the greatest actor in the world, but he is much better than that.

TanisFrey

First Post
Here a question. If KITT inventor is so paranoid, when faced with someone unknown coming to the front door. WHY did he not just get into KITT, the perfect getaway he had available to him????? (Other that the fact that this would totally kill the plot of the movie.)

noretoc

First Post
The movie felt like the show I remember, with an updated style. I loved it! I like my shows to entertain, not win emmys because of the incredible acting and plot and story. It the show is fun, and I had fun watching it, its a winner. This movie was fun! I loved it.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
noretoc said:
The movie felt like the show I remember, with an updated style. I loved it! I like my shows to entertain, not win emmys because of the incredible acting and plot and story. It the show is fun, and I had fun watching it, its a winner. This movie was fun! I loved it.
I'm watching it right now, and I agree. It's a lot of fun. I'd have preferred someone else as the voice of KITT but that's life.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Did anyone else notice that KITT's keyboard was an Apple keyboard? ;)
wired_keyboard20070813.gif

Aeolius said:
Did anyone else notice that KITT's keyboard was an Apple keyboard? ;)
wired_keyboard20070813.gif
Are there any others on TV these days? :)

Might explain why TV hacking is always so easy? Mac OS hasn't become a primary target for hackers yet in the real world, so there might still be a lot of security holes that remain undiscovered or at least un(ab)used. But the market share in TV-land switched from Windows PC to Apple...

hey, it even explains the cool 3D graphic hacking tools from movies! Macs are typically used by graphic designers, and the interface always looked nicer, too. Off course hacker tools will look nicer, too!

Finally, everything makes sense...

iwatt

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Interesting. Looks as if people really remember the KR-TOS (Knight Rider - The Original Series) fondly.

And let's be honest, there are too little series at this time that feature cars with character. I mean, we had series like Dukes of Hazzard, Sting Ray, Magnum PI, Hart to Hart, A-Team, Viper, The Fall Guy, Knight Rider. All of them featured a prominent car (not all of them as the "main" character, but each of them was pretty noteworthy). But what do we have today? Nip/Tuck? House? Desperate Housewives? Heroes? None of the shows have a cool car! Where did all the awesome car chases go?

Well, my vote goes to the Black 67' Chevy Impala in Supernatural.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads