Will you be gaming in 20 years?

Will you be gaming in 20 years?

• Yes. And I'm going to be writing the books to!!

Votes: 64 28.4%
  • Yes. I'll be playing and/or DMing forever

Votes: 137 60.9%
  • No. I imagine by then family/work/etc will keep me too busy.

Votes: 16 7.1%
  • No. I'll be tired of it by then.

Votes: 8 3.6%

Garmorn

Explorer
HellHound said:
I've been gaming now for over 20 years, and will be for another 20 at least.

I've already taught my kids to game, and they ALSO write gaming books now, which is awesome!

Hopefully I will be teachng my GRANDCHILDREN to game, and maybe one day produce a book written by three generations of gamers in the same family.

While I don't write my daughter might once she is finished with collage. I to am looking forward to a three generational game.

Garmorn.

tleilaxu

First Post
this poll needs more options :)

where is

"No, I'll be dead"
"Maybe"
"No, because 5th edition won't be availible for tabletop. But I -will- strap on my latex virtual reality suit to play in the online 3d environment."

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
On my birthday this March I will celebrate playing for 23 years, ever since my mom looked all over town for that weird hobby store with the game I read about in the local hippie newspaper (where you explored dungeons and killed monsters "on a board you made out of graph paper") and got it for me for my 15th birthday. The other day she was visiting my house and flipped through one of the game books lying around, and asked me whether I'd like something special gaming-wise in a couple of years when I celebrated my 25th anniversary :) My wife just rolled her eyes :)

Yeah, I think I'll be gaming 20 years from now.

s/LaSH

First Post
If I'm not gaming, I'll still be creating worlds and characters in my head and figuring out how they interact, which is like gaming only with no friends. Honestly, I don't think my brain would be functioning if I weren't. I simply cannot imagine a life that doesn't involve gaming or game-related creativity in one form or another.

So yeah. Double my age (almost), triple my gaming experience. It's a sure bet.

I sure as hell hope that I'll be gaming to my heart's content in 20 years! Maybe I could be the sponsor of a D&D club at the high school I end up teaching at.... or maybe.. just maybe....

Mild-mannered history teacher by day, FIENDISH GAME STORE OWNER BY NIGHT!

LOL :D

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
I won't stop gaming until someone pries my dice from my cold, dead fingers... and then I'll come back as an undead and take them back! :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases