D&D 4E Will you buy 4e?

If D&D 4e comes out in 2008 or 2009 will you buy it?

• Yes, Core Books and Supplements

Votes: 56 18.4%
  • Yes, Core Books, Maybe Supplements

Votes: 37 12.2%
  • Yes, Core Books Only

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Maybe, Core Books, Maybe Supplements

Votes: 45 14.8%
  • Maybe, Core Books Only

Votes: 35 11.5%
  • No, but I'd use a 4e SRD.

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • No.

Votes: 63 20.7%
  • Other/Don't Know

Votes: 47 15.5%

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Charwoman Gene said:
Short and sweet folks, If 4e Came out in 2008 or 2009 will you buy it?
Would you buy supplements and splats?

Nope. I have no need nor desire for 4th ed. I am perfectly happy with 3.5 and see no need to upgrade this that soon.

werk

First Post
It depends on a lot of variables. I may jump right in, like I did for 3.5, or I might hold off for a while.

Hey all! :)

Interesting poll. If we assume that a 'maybe' is a 50/50 chance then it currently looks like:

50% of people here will buy the Core Rulebooks
33% of people here will buy the Supplements...which I presume means 1 or more supplements not necessarily all of them.

Mercule

Adventurer
"Maybe" was my best answer. I have no interest in migrating rulesets again, but I could be persuaded by the right set. I pretty much want 95%+ compatibility or a wholesale update that fixes a lot of things. The former would allow me to continue to use things like the Adventure Paths, Tome of Magic, etc. The latter could bring the game more in line with the feel I want.

Odds are, though, that I'm not going to switch -- at least not for a while. There's just too much stuff I can do with 3E still. If I abandon 3E, it'll probably either be for Fantasy Hero (which is starting to look less complex and more customizable than d20) or World of Darkness (as some of my players have been interested in trying the nWoD for a while).

Jawar

First Post
We (our group) will finish the current adventure path in 3.5 at the time 4E comes out.
Then we will certainly move massively to 4E.
(Ist's always nice to see improvement, and I'm sure there are good designers up to the job.)

Raven Crowking

First Post
As I have substantially re-written much of 3e to my preferences, 4e would have to be really, really good for me to change again.

But, as they say, "Never say never."

Remove ads