D&D 4E Will you buy 4e?

If D&D 4e comes out in 2008 or 2009 will you buy it?

• Yes, Core Books and Supplements

Votes: 56 18.4%
  • Yes, Core Books, Maybe Supplements

Votes: 37 12.2%
  • Yes, Core Books Only

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Maybe, Core Books, Maybe Supplements

Votes: 45 14.8%
  • Maybe, Core Books Only

Votes: 35 11.5%
  • No, but I'd use a 4e SRD.

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • No.

Votes: 63 20.7%
  • Other/Don't Know

Votes: 47 15.5%

Sejs

First Post
I would take the same position with 4e as I did with 3e, back in the day: I will wait and see, raid it like a viking on amphetamines, take what I want and husk the rest.

If 4e turns out to be something I like more than the current system, then I will make the jump.

And not a moment before.

Mark Oliva

First Post
Charwoman Gene said:
Short and sweet folks, If 4e Came out in 2008 or 2009 will you buy it?
Would you buy supplements and splats?

A question is missing: Would you buy only if an SRD is available? That would make my answer "Probably. Core books only."

If 4E is closed without SRD, I wouldn't even open the cover, much less buy it. Basically, I need 4E about as much as I needed another hole in my head. I did need and want 3E, and I welcomed 3.5, but one of the last things that I want or am seeking right now is yet another new rules system. As for supplements and splats - I can't keep far enough away from them.

Lord Belgar

First Post
I like the 3.5 rules. I really can't see how they can change or add anything that would change the game all that much....

I am not sure whether I am gonna jump on the 4.0 bandwagon yet. I am a Forgotten Realm fan so I will probably continue to buy the source material...

we know nothing about 4.0... so meh....

Nyeshet

First Post
I have bought some 3.5e supplements - both WotC and third party, but I have never bought 3.5e core books (PHB, DMG, MMI). Instead I continued with 3e until the SRD came out, read it in its entirety, then (mostly) made the switch, using the SRD (with some modifications, of course).

When 4e comes out I'll read reviews about it, read its SRD when it comes out - if it comes out, and then I will decide. If there is not an SRD, then I will not consider playing it.

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I might buy it, but as the DM for two groups, I know my player's probably won't.

And I won't push them into buying it. I have enough 3.5 material to last me another 5 years.

When the first "revision" of 4th edition is released, we'll probably make the change then.

JoeyD473

Adventurer
I'd be pissed if a 4th edition came out before 2010, but I would definetly buy the COre books, to at the very least see the changes. If I like it I'd buy supplements. However if I had to guess, it will be mini heavy and that I don't like

Nathan P. Mahney

First Post
I'll buy the corebooks for certain. I may not play it, but I'm sure that even if I decide to stick with 3e there'll be stuff I can pillage from the new edition.

sjmiller

Explorer
Charwoman Gene said:
Short and sweet folks, If 4e Came out in 2008 or 2009 will you buy it?
I haven't bought 3.5, why would I buy 4.0? I am happy with the 3.0 edition I am using.
Charwoman Gene said:
Would you buy supplements and splats?
Most likely not, especially if they make it difficult to use with older editions.

Remove ads