• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Will you buy 4e?

Will you buy 4th edition?

• I will buy it sight unseen

Votes: 283 38.9%
  • I might buy it, after initial reviews

Votes: 163 22.4%
  • I probably will not buy it, but might eventually

Votes: 172 23.6%
  • I absolutely will not buy it

Votes: 63 8.7%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 47 6.5%

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
IFI buy 4e and that's not a certainty by a longshot. It will only be the core or odd unique supplement and more to scavenge for useful mechanics than to use as a system.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Doubt it. I haven't bought a WotC product since Complete Mage came out.

Besides, unless 4e is a classless system that allows you to actually spend your XP (Like a Buy the Numbers attempt) then I really won't be happy with it anyway. I've spent way too much time building an XP-based system that actually works to try and pick up on a new edition.

But, this isn't meant as a thread-crap. For those people excited about 4e, enjoy it!

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
If it renders my 3x books obsolete and useless then HELL NO. If I can use my 3x books without too much hassle then maybe. Either way, I'm not too happy with the idea of 4E right around the corner...

This poll is just a tad premature, don't you think? We don't actually know much of anything yet. Without calling out any particular person, I can absolutely guarantee that a lot of the "Absolutely yes" votes will change to "Nah" by the time it's released, and a lot (probably even more, to judge by precedent) of the "Never!" votes will change to "Yes" once we learn more about it.

Right now, people are voting based almost exclusively on gut emotion and knee-jerk reaction.

bento

Explorer
My "I have no idea" vote didn't show up. :(

I'm going to take a wait and see. A lot will depend on what changes are made, the cost and if the group I'm playing with wants it.

Last edited:

s.j. bagley

First Post
as a collector, i will definitely be buying the core books at the very least, along with any forgotten realms products.
i feel relatively optimistic about 4e, itself, but that may very well change once it's actually out.

Toben the Many

First Post
Actually a poll at this point is a great idea for measuring everyone's gut reaction. Personally, I'm curious to know what people think about this one announcement.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads